You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Olamide Oluwatimilehin Babatunde Oluwaka Shodipo
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Olamide Oluwatimilehin Babatunde Oluwaka Shodipo

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2021 at 7:35am
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

Qpr fans want him back that’s for sure.

Didn't the owner Tony Fernandes cite him as his favourite player on Twitter or somewhere before too. 
Sponsored Links

kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2021 at 9:52pm
Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

Qpr fans want him back that’s for sure.

Didn't the owner Tony Fernandes cite him as his favourite player on Twitter or somewhere before too. 

To answer both I can see why he’s a decent winger in the making. If they play a back 5 unless they try and convert him to wing back or play him up top will they have a position for him. 

If Oxford go up particularly I’d be delighted to see him stay with them although as stated QPR may want to hold him.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 8:24pm
Oxford lost 0-3 to Blackpool. McNally an unused sub, Shodipo and Forde came on. Sykes started and finished the game.

Disappointing.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 8:29pm
Sykes had a super scoring chance at 0-2 and hit the keeper after a lovely thru' ball to him.
Big moment and a shame.
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 11:57pm
To be fair, he was whacked in the back as he got the shot away. Sykes was one of Oxford's better players but the team was well beaten on the night. I would have liked to have seen Shodipo and Forde on a lot earlier but Blackpool looked formidable and the next leg is surely a formality now.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2021 at 12:24pm
Several Championship teams wanted Shodipo according to the Sheffield Wednesday manager: https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/moore-wednesday-pulling-power-shodipo-21048247.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2021 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Several Championship teams wanted Shodipo according to the Sheffield Wednesday manager: https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/moore-wednesday-pulling-power-shodipo-21048247.

He’s better off I think playing one more season regularly in League 1. At his age my usual consensus would be Top 6 League 1/lower half Championship found his level but last season was his first full season playing regular men’s football so hopefully in time he will go a bit higher. Hopefully he can improve another bit again and there’s every chance he will be playing Championship football next season if he can build on last year. 

Edited by kevin100 - 14 Jul 2021 at 12:45pm
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2021 at 9:18pm
Glad he's with Wednesday for this season. 

Hopefully they get promoted and he gets plenty of games. Haven't seen much of him before. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2021 at 11:39pm
I saw a couple of Oxford games last season and he was impressive. Lots of pace, runs at defenders and has a goal in him. I thought QPR might give him a run in the first team this season but it appears that they have other ideas. I' m surprised he turned down other Championship clubs for Wednesday but I hope it goes well for him.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2021 at 6:06am
That might have been QPRs decision.
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2021 at 10:35am
It may well have been. This is the last year of his contract and he's on loan for it. I wonder if there's an extension clause in QPR's favour or if there has been an open discussion regarding performances leading to an extension. That would make a lot of sense. Otherwise, and if the player wanted a Championship move, QPR are wielding a lot of power over him by blocking a Championship move for a player that is not going to play for them again. 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2021 at 11:32am
QPR play a back 5 with two up top. Shodipo is a “proper” winger hence they don’t play a formation that suits him. 

As stated Im delighted he’s staying at a Top 6 League 1 club for another season. Last season was his first full season playing regular games so he will get another full season of regular football there and hopefully will kick on further as opposed to stalling again at QPR out of position. Scully likewise might be a blessing he’s staying in L1 for another year. Hopefully they can match or kick on again from the seasons they had last year.

If they can both kick on again theres every chance they play Championship football next year. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic