You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Get your nicks and socks on! : Junior & Intermediate Football
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LSL 19's Divisions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LSL 19's Divisions
    Posted: 15 Jul 2016 at 8:17pm
Anybody any experience with teams in this ?

Last years 17's in our club are thinking of going into this but I've had a bad experience coaching a 19's team (in the AUL 19's Div) a couple of years back ... I would presume the most promising players at this age will be in the National 19's League so just wondering what the quality is like ??

Thumbs Up

l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Sponsored Links

JH91 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JH91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2016 at 4:19am
Standard seems very good from what I seen last year.
Our club (Portmarnock) had a fairly decent 17's team from the year before that went straight to 19's but they ended up getting torn apart most weeks.
The likes of Home Farm and Crumlin were a serious level above them.
What other options are there for 19's teams? I remember the manager saying to me he didn't want his team in the LSL league, is the AUL one still around?
I see the LSL have two leagues this season so could be alright to stick in the team in the league below.
One of the biggest problems they had last year was getting numbers every week.
Two u18's teams the year before and an u17's and they were struggling for players halfway through the season.  He said between lads starting to drink and the senior teams nabbing away at players they were struggling to get 11 players at the weekend.
In saying that, we had 5 senior teams last year, so a lot of the younger players came up during the season.

Edited by JH91 - 16 Jul 2016 at 4:23am
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2016 at 12:42pm
Cheers
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2016 at 3:16pm
Broadford had a team in it the year before last and there seemed to be very few games played if I recall correctly. The lads seemed to go months without any games which wasn't linked to poor weather as is usually the case. I think it was an 8 team league or something like that. 
El Puto Amo
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2016 at 6:15pm
Decent standard from what I have seen . Hardwicke have a smashing 19's side.
Row Z View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Row Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 12:43pm
Our club (Peamount) had two u17s last season, one gone in to 18premier and other gone LSL 19s, losing a few games as its a year above them, but can see the benefit for them in terms of coping physically as they are training with the seniors at the minute and there has been big improvements in them since the summer.
"Just put it up there..."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic