You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wales - Nations League - Travel & Accomm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 535455
Author
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2018 at 8:54pm
Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

The levels of homeless people in Cardiff is shocking. ShockedShocked

Was really surprised at the decline in the city centre over the last few years and, to be fair, it was a bit of a kip.  Must have had 20 people asking for money walking back from the stadium. BBC News Wales reporting a major problem with the drug "spice" in Cardiff. The number of people sleeping in doorways was a real eye opener, and even sleeping in tents in the grounds of the Castle.

On the other hand, Cardiff Bay is well worth a visit. Lots of quality bars and restaurants. More expensive than the city centre, but far more enjoyable. 

Shame to see the city centre the way it is.
Sponsored Links

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2018 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by Donegal Donegal wrote:

Was really surprised at the decline in the city centre over the last few years and, to be fair, it was a bit of a kip.  Must have had 20 people asking for money walking back from the stadium. BBC News Wales reporting a major problem with the drug "spice" in Cardiff. The number of people sleeping in doorways was a real eye opener, and even sleeping in tents in the grounds of the Castle.

On the other hand, Cardiff Bay is well worth a visit. Lots of quality bars and restaurants. More expensive than the city centre, but far more enjoyable. 

Shame to see the city centre the way it is.
Have to say we spent the afternoon down in Cardiff bay which was very good i must say , now the best part was taking  the ferry back to the back of Cardiff castle , super stuff i must say . 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2018 at 9:45pm

Shocking. Was walking up main street last night and every single doorway had someone in it. 
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 12:00am
Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

Worse than Dublin?
I would say a lot worse Gang of us in Weatherspoons on Tuesday and one came into the pub and asked us for a few quid. There way more upfront than at home in My view. It's very said and the majority look to be addicts good few of them own Dogs too. Gave one fella a tenner because my heart nearly bled for the man. 
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
Gabrieléire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabrieléire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 12:32pm
had great craic and enjoyed seeing everyone I would travel with. The football was shocking, completely fed up with O’Neill now. He will be gone in November I think. 

Some craic on the plane with Sham157. We sat next to a woman Sara from New York, she was about 70. Offered me a bite of her tuna sandwich, don’t think she had realised the innuendo. Roll on Poland. 
Colum View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by Gabrieléire Gabrieléire wrote:

had great craic and enjoyed seeing everyone I would travel with. The football was shocking, completely fed up with O’Neill now. He will be gone in November I think. 

Some craic on the plane with Sham157. We sat next to a woman Sara from New York, she was about 70. Offered me a bite of her tuna sandwich, don’t think she had realised the innuendo. Roll on Poland. 

"Sara without a H" as she informed whatever poor sod was answering the phone in her accomodation. Was a few rows behind her on way over and heard most of what she had to say.
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabrieléire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by Colum Colum wrote:

"Sara without a H" as she informed whatever poor sod was answering the phone in her accomodation. Was a few rows behind her on way over and heard most of what she had to say.

LOLLOL It was hilarious. Must have told her 10 times we were getting s train to Cardiff “are you guys getting a bus to Bath?” 
CaroG View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaroG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 10:43pm

Seven rows back and I could also hear "Sara without h" 😂
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabrieléire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by CaroG CaroG wrote:

Seven rows back and I could also hear "Sara without h" 😂

“Yes it’s Sara. S, A, R, A.” LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 535455
  Share Topic