You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vienna - November 12th 2016 - General Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 868788
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2016 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

don't people do any sort of research when they intend going places ? 
Dubliner was highlighted plenty of times here  

Yes, I Google every pub and restaurant before I enter it and read every page of ybig to see what potential danger awaits me, amazed everyone else doesn't go the same
Sponsored Links

Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2016 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Yes, I Google every pub and restaurant before I enter it and read every page of ybig to see what potential danger awaits me, amazed everyone else doesn't go the same

That's great so we have SuperDave getting us in n out of countries and Nvidic saving us from getting the bollox knocked out of us while we are there . God bless the Ybig
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2016 at 10:27pm

don't people do any sort of research when they intend going places

places was meant to refer to cities as opposed to actual establishments , restaurants a different kettle of fish , but yeah I usually do google them TBH which is why is usually end up getting great meals - at least the last 2 trips

'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Chief View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2016 at 11:05pm

Too Many Chiefs, not Enough Indians
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2016 at 12:12pm
Only getting around to reflecting on the trip now as came back from Vienna and was away with work for the week the next morning.
Had been to Vienna before briefly when going to the Slovakia game in Zilina but have to echo the comments about it being a great city : Really regretted only heading out there early on Saturday morning (Something that defo caught up with me on Saturday night !!). Great effort from Big Podge and the lads at the fans game even though it was Baltic cold ! Charlie P's was good before the game : As mentioned, very good service. Obviously, the outcome of the game had a big bearing on the trip but I thought it was great to see the team play with confidence and believe they could win. 
Before the game, headed into the toilets and was joining in with the "He never cheats, he never lies..." song when some lad took exception to this and told us Delaney was great and we knew nothing : Took please in putting across my alternative opinion to him !
Headed into Flanagans after the game as Charlie's weren't letting anybody in : Was a good laugh in there. 
Already counting down the days to the next away trip !
ProudAndLoud View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2016 at 2:17pm
Think maybe its time the auld lad n veteran traveller (as in me) left the two young lads (as in 2 sons) off on the lash on their own. I might google some OAP establishment next time.

PS on a serious note well done to GUFC and anyone else who highlighted Dubliner before. I didnt realise it was such a kip. LESSON LEARNED :)
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2016 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by ProudAndLoud ProudAndLoud wrote:

Think maybe its time the auld lad n veteran traveller (as in me) left the two young lads (as in 2 sons) off on the lash on their own. I might google some OAP establishment next time.

PS on a serious note well done to GUFC and anyone else who highlighted Dubliner before. I didnt realise it was such a kip. LESSON LEARNED :)
Tis a real pity that you had that bad experience there but you are not the only 1, i think of all the places and bars the Irish fans have been this sh*thole is the only 1 to get bad reviews we are lucky enough that everywhere we go (bar that kip) we are well recieved and treated accordingly 
Smidger View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smidger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 3:52pm

A bit of Throwback Thursday on the cards tomorrow

11 o’clock our time, 10 in Ireland, we’ll put up a wee video on facebook ( http://www.facebook.com/CharliePsVienna - www.facebook.com/CharliePsVienna) of some highlights of that epic weekend!

If you’re lucky(?!) you might just spot yourself on there!

Thanks again to all, you all made it a v special few days. 

The locals and the staff still talking about it plenty :)

Cheers

Ro

Edited by Smidger - 11 Jan 2017 at 3:53pm
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2017 at 12:01pm
Very good video put up by Charlie P's about the game day - Particularly enjoyed Sham talking about that fan's game that he didn't go to LOL
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2017 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Very good video put up by Charlie P's about the game day - Particularly enjoyed Sham talking about that fan's game that he didn't go to LOL
I somehow thought I was sober doing that live broadcast at the time. Clearly mistakenEmbarrassed
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 868788
  Share Topic