You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Belgrade - 5th September 2016 - General Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 212223
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2016 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by Hickster74 Hickster74 wrote:

The cops were trying to move us on after the game but stopped when I told them how much the taxis had asked for.
I forgot about the powered off lift and bats flying around the stairwell of my apartment when I got home each night. Really added to the ambience...

The taxi driver from the stadium to our hotel had 2,700 on the meter, should have been under 1,000, so  I told him I would be back in a second, and asked the hotel for advice, they told me to take down his registration nnumber and tell him the hotel had already called the police, he drove off with the passenger door wide open, at speed and with no money LOL 
I know nothing :-)
Sponsored Links

Hickster74 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hickster74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2016 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

The cops were trying to move us on after the game but stopped when I told them how much the taxis had asked for.
I forgot about the powered off lift and bats flying around the stairwell of my apartment when I got home each night. Really added to the ambience...

We're the f**k did you stay??

Third floor above Three Carrots funny enough...and I only went in there once in the end...

Nice apartement inside once you closed the door quickly arriving home...:) 
"Perhaps the reason that they did not consider the worst, was because discussion of such cases would have cast suspicion on the planner as being a "saboteur". Paranoia was rampant throughout."
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2016 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by greenforever greenforever wrote:

The taxi driver from the stadium to our hotel had 2,700 on the meter, should have been under 1,000, so  I told him I would be back in a second, and asked the hotel for advice, they told me to take down his registration nnumber and tell him the hotel had already called the police, he drove off with the passenger door wide open, at speed and with no money LOL 

Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2016 at 3:37pm

It was called the Belfry.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2016 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

It was called the Belfry.

Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
bannerboy95 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bannerboy95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2016 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

Belgrade was great spot. Hotel Tash was good enough spot-didnt manage to make it up for breakfast any mornings though and didn't manage to make use of their pool. Did anyone else in Hotel Tash get a City Tax bill when checking out? Three Carrots craic was 90 some great characters. Only got ripped off the once when we got a taxi from Three Carrots to ground when they asked for 6 grand-and this was possibly the only time during the trip when my girlfriends Belgrade mate wasn't with usAngry.
Long old trip from Belgrade to Budapest morning after the game and I was sick as a dog-top 3 all time hangs with numerous toilet trips on the plane!
All in all a great trip and I would definitely go back
Was talking to ya the night of the game bogball about the state of Tryone football LOL no didn't pay any city tax at all payed on arrival few of the other boys got caught with it alright....ya didn't miss much the breakfast was shocking...all in all a good trip bar the odd hospital trip here and there  Tongue
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2016 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by greenforever greenforever wrote:

PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2016 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by bannerboy95 bannerboy95 wrote:

Belgrade was great spot. Hotel Tash was good enough spot-didnt manage to make it up for breakfast any mornings though and didn't manage to make use of their pool. Did anyone else in Hotel Tash get a City Tax bill when checking out? Three Carrots craic was 90 some great characters. Only got ripped off the once when we got a taxi from Three Carrots to ground when they asked for 6 grand-and this was possibly the only time during the trip when my girlfriends Belgrade mate wasn't with usAngry.
Long old trip from Belgrade to Budapest morning after the game and I was sick as a dog-top 3 all time hangs with numerous toilet trips on the plane!
Was talking to ya the night of the game bogball about the state of Tryone football LOL no didn't pay any city tax at all payed on arrival few of the other boys got caught with it alright....ya didn't miss much the breakfast was shocking...all in all a good trip bar the odd hospital trip here and there  Tongue

City  tax  was included in ours,taxi driver refused to take 5 of us until i offered him an extra 500,he spent half the journey making videos of us singing,,always looked for the TX on the taxi reg to make sure it was legit,breakfast wasnt up to much,managed the  scrambeled eggs one morning while i was still drunk.
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2016 at 4:58pm
A Taxi driver told the father there's 2000 dodgy taxis out of a total of 10-12k in Belgrade. Fortunately I knew from reading on here only to get a taxi with tx at the end of the plate.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2016 at 9:30pm
Only took one taxi while we were there back to the airport  as got a lift on the way in , anyway in the end now our hotel said the fare would be close to 2000 so kind of shocked when it was only 1300 , but was asked for 5000 on the way home after the match with Hickster and NR , poor NR nearly fainted Shocked
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
valo88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valo88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2016 at 9:38pm
Reading last few pages sounds like it was a great trip, still not over having to give it a miss last minute it through illnessCry
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2016 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by bannerboy95 bannerboy95 wrote:

Ah good man bannerboy I mind that rightly we had a good wee yarn or two!! Less said about the hospital trips the better I'd say
Good enough wee spot the Tash was, if I got that every away trip I'd be happy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 212223
  Share Topic