You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aaron Connolly

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 176177178
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2024 at 12:28pm
I hope he does realise HE is the problem. As long as there is one iota of him that is playing the victim, and has a "why me?" mentality, then he may as well throw in the towel. 

Sponsored Links

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2024 at 1:08pm
Didn't take long for the knives to come out again LOL What part of his managers words are difficult to understand, he had a concussion and damage to ligaments in his shoulder, he's working back to full fitness from that.
We're decent enough..
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2024 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Didn't take long for the knives to come out again LOL What part of his managers words are difficult to understand, he had a concussion and damage to ligaments in his shoulder, he's working back to full fitness from that.

The man they love to hate! That injury really halted his progress, he was flying before it.

To think a foul wasn't even given for the challenge Ouch
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2024 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by Mr. Snrub Mr. Snrub wrote:

The man they love to hate! That injury really halted his progress, he was flying before it.

Ref actually judged that Connolly had fouled Gunn instead which makes it even worse.
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2024 at 2:28pm

Was he? Flying? Ouch

Including the Norwich game (or not, the stat works either way), he had 4 goals in the 20 games before he got injured. Hardly the stuff of dreams is it.

An injury which saw him back on the pitch in early February, and on the bench nearly every game thereafter but he's still 'working back to full fitness' LOL 

Seemingly he was a disgrace in that Curaçao friendly (the last time he played a full 90), disinterested, overweight, fighting with teammates, terrible.

He's going to be back on the scrapheap searching for another club in the Summer, with another article to follow in October about finally getting his head down, but I'm sure there'll be the usual one or two of Pennywise's profession who will be telling everyone what a great season he had and how unlucky he is, again.

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2024 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by E2016 E2016 wrote:

Was he? Flying? Ouch

Including the Norwich game (or not, the stat works either way), he had 4 goals in the 20 games before he got injured. Hardly the stuff of dreams is it.

An injury which saw him back on the pitch in early February, and on the bench nearly every game thereafter but he's still 'working back to full fitness' LOL 

Seemingly he was a disgrace in that Curaçao friendly (the last time he played a full 90), disinterested, overweight, fighting with teammates, terrible.

He's going to be back on the scrapheap searching for another club in the Summer, with another article to follow in October about finally getting his head down, but I'm sure there'll be the usual one or two of Pennywise's profession who will be telling everyone what a great season he had and how unlucky he is, again.

A goal for every 151 minutes he's played, amongst the best in the Championship. Some eeijits just seem to have a need to try and tear him down, it's pathetic.
We're decent enough..
Scissors Kick View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2024 at 2:55pm

Originally posted by E2016 E2016 wrote:

Was he? Flying? Ouch

A goal for every 151 minutes he's played, amongst the best in the Championship. Some eeijits just seem to have a need to try and tear him down, it's pathetic.

So Hull & his favourable situation there with the manager will sign him up again or not  ?   If it's merely working back to full fitness then surely a formality with those numbers  ?

There's every chance they move him on.
There's every chance he has to drop a division to continue I think. 

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2024 at 3:24pm
Whatever about his on/off pitch conduct with previous clubs I would cut Connolly a bit of slack this season as he was bit unlucky with the timing of the injury. He was starting to to do well and show that he was capable of at least being up to Championship standard. 

Another championship club might come in for him if he leaves Hull. I don't think he needs to drop down a level. 

Edited by irishmufc - 11 Apr 2024 at 3:25pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2024 at 3:29pm
Regardless of past antics, I think he's just been pretty unlucky this season and Roseniors latest comments on him backs that up. He seemed to be getting his head down and doing well until his latest injury. 
SportingRizlaCF View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SportingRizlaCF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2024 at 9:26pm
want to see aaron do well he is talented lad but it seems like he has a big head and that is always going to follow him around
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2024 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by SportingRizlaCF SportingRizlaCF wrote:

want to see aaron do well he is talented lad but it seems like he has a big head and that is always going to follow him around

Seems to be a big issue for Galway players. Ryan Manning and Daryl Horgan both have sizable heads. Must be for buoyancy at the Salthill diving board
Danger here, OH NO
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2024 at 1:32am
Originally posted by SportingRizlaCF SportingRizlaCF wrote:

I find most peoples head's follow them around. 
It would damage this forums' reputation
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 176177178
  Share Topic