You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Irish Player Transfers 2019/20/21 Season

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 124125126
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Originally posted by 10 Box 10 Box wrote:

Off the top of my head Manning, Molumby were POTY...Armstrong YPOTY. O Shea was having a good season before injury. Cannon & Smallbone have done well. Vaughan breaking through at Hull. Sykes a decent season. McGuiness one od Cardiffs betters players after being a standout at Sheff Wed & Omabomadele captained Norwich. McNamara & Smodzics had decent seasons as well. Not too bad.

More underwhelming. Players have undoubtedly had their moments, but generally have not been involved in the shake up, further up the league. I suppose if we are drawing heavily from the championship, I'd like to see more that just a handful of players amongst the personal and team awards.

I don't really agree. Considering the last few years half our squad has been made up of League 1 players, but this season it's just 1 (Knight, and he's only there because of Derbys points deduction the previous season).
Now the squad is almost entirely Championship players, with a few PL players thrown in.

The number of Top Flight players has declined further, but the low end is clearly rising again. We're steadily jettisoning players who aren't good enough & replacing them with higher caliber ones.
Sponsored Links

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2023 at 7:08pm
Alan Judge and Kieren O'Hara released by Colchester.
We're decent enough..
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2023 at 7:29pm
Ian Lawlor has re-signed for Doncaster.
We're decent enough..
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2023 at 8:10pm
Joe Shaughnessy and Charles Dunne released by St. Mirren
We're decent enough..
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2023 at 11:19am
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Ryan Cassidy has dropped down multiple divisions to join Hayes and Yeading - he'd want to hit the ground running to salvage any sort of career for himself.

Has signed for Tolka Rovers.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 124125126
  Share Topic