You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Passport number problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1874eire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Passport number problem
    Posted: 06 Jun 2016 at 8:35pm
Hey,

This is my first time posting but I'd often be on the forum following what goes on here, great site.

Basically Im afraid I'm after making a complete cock up and don't know who to ask about it. I bought two cat1 tickets to the Italy game in the last portal last week. Delighted as it would be my first time seeing Ireland in a tournament and something of a dream come true.

However, when I was purchasing my flights I noticed that I used my old passport number when registering on UEFA. I have to pick up the tickets from a collection point and have to present my passport when doing so. I'm afraid they will not give me the tickets now.

I still have my old passport and will bring that with me obviously but is there any way of changing the passport number on my UEFA account or ticket order? If I ring them about it could they cancel the order? Can't believe I was so dumb.
Sponsored Links

OscarDelta View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OscarDelta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2016 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by 1874eire 1874eire wrote:

Hey,

This is my first time posting but I'd often be on the forum following what goes on here, great site.

Basically Im afraid I'm after making a complete cock up and don't know who to ask about it. I bought two cat1 tickets to the Italy game in the last portal last week. Delighted as it would be my first time seeing Ireland in a tournament and something of a dream come true.

However, when I was purchasing my flights I noticed that I used my old passport number when registering on UEFA. I have to pick up the tickets from a collection point and have to present my passport when doing so. I'm afraid they will not give me the tickets now.

I still have my old passport and will bring that with me obviously but is there any way of changing the passport number on my UEFA account or ticket order? If I ring them about it could they cancel the order? Can't believe I was so dumb.

Don't worry........................

You have CONFIRMATION email, CREDIT CARD booked on and ID.

IF questioned just say you got a new passport as last one expired and site wouldn't update............... they will not know what site does. Not even sure they will have peoples passport numbers anyway on site as that is a Data Protection Issue.

Pick them up well in advance of game.

STOP PANICING.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2016 at 8:54pm
I wouldn't worry about.

Loads of tickets will be sold\swapped to others. Just bring whatevery proof you have.
I'd be fairly sure they won't check this.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
1874eire View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1874eire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2016 at 9:21pm
Thanks lads. Fairly new to all this lark so prob paniking a bit alright. Hopefully it be fine as you say.Really looking forward to it now, can't believe I'm actually going. Hopefully might see a few of ye there :)
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2016 at 9:29pm
Actually, say nothing at all when picking up the tickets.

1) Hand over the email confirmation
2) ONLY IF they ask for ID, hand over the old passport
3) SAY NOTHING about it being expired

That should avoid any problems. But there won't be any anyway. If you have to show the new passport as well, you'll be grand.

So long as you weren't 10 in the old passport photo that is Wink
seaninmor View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaninmor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2016 at 9:40pm
Agree with the above. It won't be an issue, but I wouldn't even mention it to them. 

Coming to think of it, I don't remember providing my passport number when I registered, but I suppose I must have. 
1874eire View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1874eire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2016 at 10:01pm
Thanks for the tips. Only prob is that it says 'CANCELLED' across the front of the old passport so they might cop it! I've heard of this happening to people booking flights and they still allowed to travel so surely they couldn't stop me from getting the tickets? Here's hoping...
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2016 at 10:53pm
Definitely bring your current and cancelled passport.  You will get your tickets then.

Names on tickets for tournaments have never been an issue getting into stadiums but picking up tickets from UEFA can be very different.  However they just want to be sure it is you and no touting.   

Enjoy.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2016 at 10:55pm
Don't believe a word out of the lads, your f**ked UEFA wont let you into the country never mind getting your tickets Big smile
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
jpbb03 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpbb03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2016 at 11:08pm
fwiw, I was told today by UEFA that I could change the name of the person collecting some tickets for me.  I had to email them the persons' information so they had it in the system.  Then I had to send the new collection person x, y, and z so he had all documentation.

I was very surprised they are allowing this to happen, so you will have no problems at all.  It's clearly not as strict as some expected.
OscarDelta View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OscarDelta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2016 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by jpbb03 jpbb03 wrote:

fwiw, I was told today by UEFA that I could change the name of the person collecting some tickets for me.  I had to email them the persons' information so they had it in the system.  Then I had to send the new collection person x, y, and z so he had all documentation.

I was very surprised they are allowing this to happen, so you will have no problems at all.  It's clearly not as strict as some expected.

Tis never as strict as they make out LOL
Seanachie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seanachie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2016 at 12:48am

Hey,

I'm in the same boat. I tried changing the details with UEFA but there was no way of doing that. I wouldn't worry in the slightest because anyone who uses the new passport card (like I am) is going to have a different number to their passport anyway. If you're nervous about it, carry a photocopy of the old passport but the chances of it being checked are minimal. Things like that are only really there to ensure an electronic trail in the event of things going wrong.
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2016 at 8:00am
The only place it can possibly be an issue is picking up the tickets.  Once you have the old passport with the number then it won't be an issue.  In any case correct name with id picking up tickets should be all they need.

Once you have the ticket in your hand your passport number is not visible on it and I doubt it is stored electronically on it.  
mx_1000000 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mx_1000000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2016 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by jpbb03 jpbb03 wrote:

Can you provide the email address that Uefa use for this?

Seanachie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seanachie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2016 at 3:13pm

Hey,

I collected tickets at the Parc des Princes this morning and I was asked about the different number on the passport card (I've also changed my passport since registering). I explained I had got a new passport since then and wasn't able to modify it online and the guy said it was OK.

Edited by Seanachie - 08 Jun 2016 at 3:14pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic