You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 'Sweden are a one-man team & Zlatan is past it'
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

'Sweden are a one-man team & Zlatan is past it'

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2016 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by Bitored Bitored wrote:

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Far from past it, having one of his best season's in his entire career.

But in a piss poor league

I love how this argument is never used to describe the MLS.
Of course, Robbie Keane up near the top of their goal scoring charts has nothing to do with it.

Well if it wasn't widely acknowledged as a piss poor league there'd be absolute outrage whenever Robbie doesn't start
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Sponsored Links

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2016 at 7:15pm
Must be joking, all that a lot of posters seem to do is lambast the standard of the MLS....
We're decent enough..
(._.) View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (._.) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2016 at 7:24pm
We are better team now than Sweden,just hope we can go out and show it.Thumbs Up
davekoolhill View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davekoolhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2016 at 10:49am
Lads, I'd love to have some of you come on the show this week. Drop me a mail. 
Twitter: DaveOGrady1
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2016 at 11:09am
I would strongly fancy us to beat Sweden
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2016 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by Bitored Bitored wrote:

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Far from past it, having one of his best season's in his entire career.

But in a piss poor league

I love how this argument is never used to describe the MLS.
Of course, Robbie Keane up near the top of their goal scoring charts has nothing to do with it.

What are you talking about LOL
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2016 at 3:12pm
Even the most optimistic poster would acknowledge that we very well could come away with 0 points from our 2nd and 3rd games. But taking off the green-tinted glasses here as much as i can, i do think overall we are a significantly better side than they are. Most of the previews of the tournament done so far have placed Ireland ahead of Sweden in the group predictions as well. 

Of course Sweden's unpredictability factor is Zlatan and he could win them any game on his day, but i genuinely do think that man for man this is a team we should be beating, and i'm fairly confident that we will. Could say 'we are just building ourselves up like 2012 again' but I think this team is in significantly better shape than the 2012 team, and that Croatia side would absolutely decimate this Sweden one. We're a better team than Sweden I think, and i'd back us to show it. Zlatan certainly isn't past it yet but Sweden are a one-man team, with the next best being a couple of decent pros like Wernbloom and Larsson

Edited by OnTheOneRoad - 20 Apr 2016 at 3:16pm
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
cliffrichard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cliffrichard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2016 at 3:24pm
I think both teams are pretty even. If you consider the qualifying that both countries had, I think both would have performed fairly identical had our respective positions been reversed. I think we would have also finished third in a group with Russia and Austria, and I can't imagine that Sweden would have finished higher than third in our group. There won't be much between us in St. Denis but we're due a lucky bounce in that place after 2004 and 2009. Hopefully that bounce is off Big Johnny Walters arse and into the Swedish net for a 92nd minute winner.
Touts Out!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic