You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bordo'Appart Hoya Bella Arachon

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bordo'Appart Hoya Bella Arachon
    Posted: 07 Apr 2016 at 5:35pm
Anybody booked into this place for the Euros ?
Had a Free Cancellation via booking.com with them from February.
I ended up cancelling within hrs after getting an email with their T&Cs. e.g. they wanted 600€ as a deposit for a 2 night stay when we arrived.
They anyway took a 30% deposit which wasn't mentioned at the time of the booking which I spotted when I got my credit card bill this week.
Have been trying to get them to refund the deposit.
They don't want to refund what they deducted because of bank charges that they will occur so have offered less.
Let's just say things look like they will be heading downhill v soon

Sponsored Links

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2016 at 5:57pm
Contact booking.com and you bank. Once your initial booking says free cancellation etc, you'll get sorted.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2016 at 6:14pm
Ignore them hotel. Contact booking.com and they'll sort it. I had same issue with a different accommodation provider, I contacted booking and the money was back in my account in 24 hours.

Edited by colemanY2K - 07 Apr 2016 at 6:14pm
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2016 at 6:40pm
It happened to me something similar. I booked 2 different hotels for the Austria game and 1 of them took €89 outta my account so I contacted booking.com and they said if was a pre-auth by the hotel and it may take 2 weeks to return so I said it didn't state anywhere in the advertisement that this would take place and it was refunded to my account the next day.
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2016 at 4:28pm
Contacted my bank and they are handing it.
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2016 at 4:57pm
Happened me with a place in Paris took money for a number of bookings I made pre draw. Rang the hotel and they claimed no one spoke English so got onto visa. Had money back in the account in around 3 days
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Colum View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2016 at 6:26am
On a similar subject is there any way of amending card details on hotels.com? Had a look yesterday but couldn't see it. At this point it's unlikely I'll be changing my accommodation so won't bother me if pre-authorised or charged early. But have credited the funds for the hotels to my credit card already so prefer if they charged that rather than the debit card I booked with.

Was able to do it in booking.com handy enough. Just don't see the option on hotels.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic