You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2016 Masters

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 141516
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2016 at 12:41am
Tin cup on RTE 2 now
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2016 at 12:46am
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Tin cup on RTE 2 now

I thought we were just watching it for the last few hours!LOL
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Guest View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2016 at 1:28am
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Wonder will there be a backlash now for the caddy after that collapse, stranger things have happened, golfer's love to blame anything but themselves

I was actually thinking about this straight after it but all the caddy can do is give advice or is there more to it than that?
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2016 at 2:06am
Danny Willet didn't play the best over the 4 days, he was consistent and tonight he showed real class, once ranked the top number 1 its not a major surprise. 

I think what Jordan Spieth once again demonstrated was the resilience of a future great at 22, after that 7 he could of done a 'McIlory' he didn't he dug deep. I've a funny feeling this young man will bounce back with a hell of a bang come US open time, his golfing shoes... Clap noticed them tonight: Under Armour/Ralph Lauren make the best golfing apparel. I absolutely adore Spieth it must be said therefore biased the humility he has yet the level of success he has at 22 is phenomenal. At the Open last year after the 18th he would of stopped for anyone looking a photo or cap signed, flag whatever. Gent. 

Edited by SByrne24 - 11 Apr 2016 at 2:20am
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2016 at 6:58am
It was was hard on Spieth but if he's honest with himself he didn't play all that great after round 1.
His driving was poor but his unbelievable putting saved him so many times. I've not seen a better putter in my lifetime - even tiger at his pomp wasn't that good.

He will come back and win the masters again. He's too good not to.

Willett was the best player over the 4 days. His scorecard was very consistent - No eagles or no double bogeys, mostly pars.
A 67 on the last day with no bogeys is some way to win your first masters - only his 2nd attempt.
Clap

Compare his scorecard to Mcllroys who has Eagles, double bogeys, lots of birdies and bogeys. He was just too up and down.
I do think he will win it one year but he will need a good putting weekend and a few other things to go right for him.

Edited by Zinedine Kilbane 110 - 11 Apr 2016 at 9:20am

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2016 at 8:44am
Originally posted by alihau41 alihau41 wrote:

nvidic and borussia, i presume you backed master willett? the ice man!!

2.50 ew, e170 back!
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2016 at 8:56am
Vidic
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2016 at 9:39am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Originally posted by alihau41 alihau41 wrote:

nvidic and borussia, i presume you backed master willett? the ice man!!

2.50 ew, e170 back!

had the same, some man. sent my aul man a text start of march about willett winning a major this year. odds for the four majors in order were 60, 100, 80, 60. he laughed at me and said jog on. text from my brother last night saying that the aul man put 2.50 ew on willett!! luckily he's over to visit next weekend so i'll be taking him and his winnings up to Montmartre for a couple of bottles of rouge!

Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2016 at 12:46pm
Well that was a surprise, I stopped in for a quick pint and was about to leave and then Willet birdies and Spieth drops a shot, that 5 shot lead evaporated after a few sips of the second pint. 

Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2016 at 10:40am
In fairness not a bad four days for Rory at all finished +1 and picked up a nice cheque €202,000! Its a good day when you get it.
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 141516
  Share Topic