You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - *** Bus from Brussels to Paris Sat 11th June ***
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

*** Bus from Brussels to Paris Sat 11th June ***

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keltica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: *** Bus from Brussels to Paris Sat 11th June ***
    Posted: 01 Apr 2016 at 9:46am
Well lads,

Looking on here it seems there are plenty of people arriving in Brussels in the week leading up to the Euros, so I have contacted a few bus companies to see about a transfer at 13:00 from the Bourse in Brussels to Gare du Nord in Paris, on Saturday the 11th.

It's come back at €27 / head if we get at least 50 people. There are toilets and we can drink and play music on board. This is the first quote that has come back so it could possibly go down but I don't see it going below €25.

In the first instance I just want to gauge interest, if it seems viable I'll put up the bank details and we can get it moving.

Cheers!
On the First day of Christmas...
Sponsored Links

Keltica View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keltica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2016 at 9:47am
Originally posted by Keltica Keltica wrote:

Well lads,

Looking on here it seems there are plenty of people arriving in Brussels in the week leading up to the Euros, so I have contacted a few bus companies to see about a transfer at 13:00 from the Bourse in Brussels to Gare du Nord in Paris, on Saturday the 11th.

It's come back at €27 / head if we get at least 50 people. There are toilets and we can drink and play music on board. This is the first quote that has come back so it could possibly go down but I don't see it going below €25.

In the first instance I just want to gauge interest, if it seems viable I'll put up the bank details and we can get it moving.

Cheers!

There are 7 of us to start with so:

Keltica +6
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2016 at 10:01am
just to let you know, from today there will be additional TGV trips on thalys on a daily basis between Brussels and Paris. prices one way should start from €19 for adults, 10er for children

also to note if anyone is going to think about changing their train journeys, as of 1st April:

Fees introduced for changing or cancelling train reservations

There's bad news for anyone who frequently has last-minute changes to their travel plans in France.

From now on French rail operator SNCF will charge €5 to exchange or refund train tickets between the purchase date and the day before departure - something which was previously possible for free.

If you want to make changes on the day of the scheduled departure, the fee will shoot up to €15, or remain at €5 if you have a discount card (Youth, Senior or Child). Only those who fork out for the more costly Pro tickets will avoid the charge.

Keltica View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keltica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2016 at 10:12am
Hopefully they get them up soon so...

The Thalys ones I'm looking at now are between E41 - E72!
Brian_CCFC View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian_CCFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2016 at 10:20am
Don't mean to butt in and knock the idea of the bus but I have the train booked from Brussels Midi to Paris Nord. Cost me 29 euro. Maybe worth a look as could be more comfortable and less of a journey. 

Departure : Sun 12 Jun 2016

15:13Bruxelles Midi
16:35Paris Nord
Je vais en France!
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2016 at 1:17pm
Izy.com now run low-cost trains from Brussels to Paris. They should work out cheaper and quicker than that bus price.
Keltica View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keltica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2016 at 3:11pm
I guess that's finished so!

I just got Brussels to Paris for €10 each for six of us.

To be honest half of it was just cause we had such incredible craic on the bus to Poland 😂
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2016 at 4:07pm
Ah, fair enough.

You better hope that train isn't full. The 10 euro fares don't include reserved seats!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic