You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Luas Strike

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 121314
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2016 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

53% is still a ridiculous though given the money they are already on regardless of what Transdev aren't or aren't making.
I completely agree - look at my posts on here. They lost the PR battle with that request.
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2016 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by deiseblue deiseblue wrote:

It appears that Transdev have been handed their arse by the Labour Court .

The LC's recommendations have been described by the Indo , who are no fans of the drivers as " much improved " on the original proposal brokered at the Workplace Relations Commission and rejected by the drivers.

It should be noted that the 3 other grades were assured that if the drivers achieved a greater pay deal than that achieved by these grades then they would also get the same deal.

The LC also say that there should be no increase from 9 hours to 9.5 hours in a shift , that the 10% pay deduction be refunde & a €750 lump sum be paid.

This is all dependant on the company & Union members accepting the recommendations.

This is surely going to be perceived as a victory for the Union & it's members & should see knock on effects across the transport & hopefully other sectors.
H'on the workers! Clap

In your face, scab posters! 
deiseblue View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deiseblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2016 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

53% is still a ridiculous though given the money they are already on regardless of what Transdev aren't or aren't making.

I completely agree - look at my posts on here. They lost the PR battle with that request.

Surely the Transdev offer of 0% was equally ridiculous & inflammatory ?

No strike that directly effects the travelling public is ever going to be popular especially when inflamed by blatantly anti union rags such as the Indo , the drivers may indeed have lost the PR battle but the War is looking likely to be won

Edited by deiseblue - 31 May 2016 at 4:03pm
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2016 at 4:13pm
Great victory for the LUAS drivers apart from the fact that If they ever decide to leave their jobs, they will be unemployable.

Interviewer: So tell me about your work history
Ex Driver: I used to be a LUAS driver
Interviewer: Oh.....We'll call you.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2016 at 4:22pm

Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

No strike that directly effects the travelling public is ever going to be popular especially when inflamed by blatantly anti union rags such as the Indo , the drivers may indeed have lost the PR battle but the War is looking likely to be won
ClapClapClapClapClapClap
Portal View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane
Mr. Paranoid

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Portal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2016 at 4:29pm
In the end it's Luas passengers who will end up paying for this, as will Dart passengers, Dublin Bus passengers, Bus Eireann passengers, Iarnrod Eireann passengers etc etc. when all the follow-on and relativity claims are lodged.  We can look forward to plenty of public service utility strikes as well.  I would fully support wage claims by low paid workers especially those in arduous jobs but I'm afraid I don't see Luas workers in either of those categories.

roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2016 at 5:09pm

No strike that directly effects the travelling public is ever going to be popular especially when inflamed by blatantly anti union rags such as the Indo , the drivers may indeed have lost the PR battle but the War is looking likely to be won [/QUOTE]

I completely agree. My initial response to the 53% was tempered as it went on - I can only imagine what that working environment is like. Another thing to note is, election aside, how muted the politicians were compared to other strikes.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2016 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

It appears that Transdev have been handed their arse by the Labour Court .

The LC's recommendations have been described by the Indo , who are no fans of the drivers as " much improved " on the original proposal brokered at the Workplace Relations Commission and rejected by the drivers.

It should be noted that the 3 other grades were assured that if the drivers achieved a greater pay deal than that achieved by these grades then they would also get the same deal.

The LC also say that there should be no increase from 9 hours to 9.5 hours in a shift , that the 10% pay deduction be refunde & a €750 lump sum be paid.

This is all dependant on the company & Union members accepting the recommendations.

This is surely going to be perceived as a victory for the Union & it's members & should see knock on effects across the transport & hopefully other sectors.
H'on the workers! Clap

In your face, scab posters! 

ClapClapClap
Portal View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane
Mr. Paranoid

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Portal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2016 at 7:03am
Michael O Leary tells it as it is ClapClapClap
deiseblue View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deiseblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2016 at 8:28am
Originally posted by Portal Portal wrote:

Michael O Leary tells it as it is ClapClapClap

He doesn't actually tell it as it is , he tells it as he wishes it would be !

Meanwhile back in the real world the Luas drivers are voting on what the Indo describe as a " much improved " offer
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2016 at 9:05am
"When you have a bunch of headbangers who turn down,say a 20 per cent increase over a three year period when inflation is less than 1 per cent"

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 121314
  Share Topic