Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wexford Youths

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 9:36pm
Originally posted by deise deise wrote:

Wexford manager seems to be sticking to the same plan as last season recruiting from home soil. Looks like they be struggling again this year after losing to Waterford 4-1 last Friday. Wexford played 3-5-2 system they were very poor in defense and on the wings could be a very long season for their supporters. A friend of mine that supports them said Locke was happy with the squad he had put  together Shocked .

I've seen some of the Wexford Junior clubs playing over the last few years their Premier teams play at a decent level and do well in FAI junior cup and other cup competitions. Surely the manager can try and get some of the best Junior players to play for Wexford Fc and give them a chance of making a decent showing in the First Division.

Wexford Youths train in Carlow IT on Monday evenings, hence the picture of the lads standing outside the college.

Locke is a Kerry man who used to manager in the Carlow League, he has only brought in 3 or 4 from the league in total, so I don't get your "recruiting from home soil point" 

It's very hard to get lads to play for Wexford Youths given the lack of €€€ on offer, many of these lads are only getting travel expenses. 

You try getting a lad in his late 20s who works full time and has a family to support to commit to training 3 days a week, match every Friday in various parts of the country for fuel allowance.

Most of the lads playing with Wexford are only chaps still in college.  
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Sponsored Links

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 10:00pm
Exactly, A trip to Ballybofey or Longford isnt the most appealing thing on offer to someone who isn't getting paid (apart from expenses).
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Yellow Belly View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yellow Belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 1:03am
Your right about It not being attractive if ur not getting paid but it's an opportunity for young players to showcase themselves in LOI. There is a lot of very talented young players in WEXFORD playing in the Junior league and its up to the Wexford Fc manager to find them and try get them to play for Wexford.
get me out of hear
Yellow Belly View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yellow Belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 4:59pm
Wexford FC get a break tonight with their game against UCD postponed because of pitch being unplayable. After getting hammered 8 - 1 by Drogheda on Friday night the Wexford management will welcome the break. Are Drogheda that good or is it that Wexford are that bad, I couldn't see this Drogheda side stick eight past any of the top four Junior sides in the Wexford Football League. Another result like last Friday night will turn even the most loyal fans away.  
get me out of hear
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
  Share Topic