You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Leicester City

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 313233
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2022 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

He said the club cant buy anyone due to financial fair play rules. WtfConfused

In order to fulfil their stated ambition of keeping up with the 'Big Boys', while staying within FFP, Leicester generally need to be successful on the pitch AND make at least one big player sale each season.

If you look at their most recent accounts (2020/21), Covid obviously hurt them, nonetheless they finished 5th in the PL, won the FA Cup and reached the last 32 in Europe, even after selling Chilwell for £50m.

Yet they still  made a pre-tax loss of £33m (£31m after tax). And as Swiss Ramble points out:
"LCFC have now reported 3 consecutive years of losses, adding up to £121m, which is in stark contrast to the 4 years of profits after promotion to the Premier League in 2014."

Edited by Territorial - 02 Sep 2022 at 1:54pm
Sponsored Links

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2022 at 4:39pm
After today's defeat I can't see BR surviving.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
counterlock View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2022 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

After today's defeat I can't see BR surviving.

Same, it looks like a combination of a lack of ideas, and a lack of reinforcements. I can't see him lasting the week, but if he does, I can't see them beating Villa at the weekend.
Ibaraki View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ibaraki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2022 at 12:24pm
The owners son doesn’t want to spend any money either, as they were decimated during Covid. King Power is very much reliant on travel, duty free shops etc. 
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2022 at 12:33pm
I backed Leicester for relegation at 16/1. In fairness it was on the back of rumours that Maddison and Tielemans might be leaving. They are 2/1 now. 
Think they'll have enough to survive if they don't sell more players in January
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2022 at 7:53pm
That could be the end of BR. I missed the last 3 goals, but they look like they don't have a clue what they are supposed to be doing, particularly in their own half
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2022 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

I backed Leicester for relegation at 16/1. In fairness it was on the back of rumours that Maddison and Tielemans might be leaving. They are 2/1 now. 
Think they'll have enough to survive if they don't sell more players in January
weighed in
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2022 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by counterlock counterlock wrote:

That could be the end of BR. I missed the last 3 goals, but they look like they don't have a clue what they are supposed to be doing, particularly in their own half
think he’ll survive until at least the first 3 or 4 games post international break - mainly cos of the expense to get rid and who they are playing. If they don’t win a couple of those I can’t see how he’ll survive….. but the owners don’t seem to want to spend much at the moment…. so you never know…Squad morale can’t be great when players aren’t been replaced and fella like Tielemans sitting it out for a free transfer with a massive wage.
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2022 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by Dalymount79 Dalymount79 wrote:

Originally posted by counterlock counterlock wrote:

think he’ll survive until at least the first 3 or 4 games post international break - mainly cos of the expense to get rid and who they are playing. If they don’t win a couple of those I can’t see how he’ll survive….. but the owners don’t seem to want to spend much at the moment…. so you never know…Squad morale can’t be great when players aren’t been replaced and fella like Tielemans sitting it out for a free transfer with a massive wage.

You're probably right, the figure being thrown around is 10 million to pay him off. I think their squad is quite good, but they need to get Ndidi playing again, some of his play yesterday was comical and they still need a replacement for Vardy.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2022 at 8:57am
Tielemans and Maddison are lovely footballers but offer nothing defensively, zero interest in tracing back
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2022 at 9:58pm
That 4 0 win tonight will keep Brendan in a job for a bit longer.

Forest look fecked far too many poor players signed in the window.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2022 at 10:58am
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

That 4 0 win tonight will keep Brendan in a job for a bit longer.

Forest look fecked far too many poor players signed in the window.
They'd no alternative unfortunately, all loan players last year so had a tiny permanent squad.

Their signings were a bit naive is the one thing, they seemed to sign whoever was available on any given day, rather than a proper plan. Most clubs would have targets identified, and work downwards from 1st preference, 2nd preference etc. Seemed a bit scattered (eg Lingard who was signed early, then replaced a month later).
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2023 at 9:08am
Leicester getting linked with a £30m bid for Argentina forward Nicolas Gonzalez

I thought they had no money?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 313233
  Share Topic