You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rep of Irl WNT

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 141142143
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2024 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Much better 2nd half.

Unlucky not have scored from the freekick and katie should have squared her shot from the block on the kickout rather than her tame effort from a tight angle.

She should have passed that back to Kiernan - I reckon Kiernan might well have scored from there.
Sponsored Links

zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2024 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

We're probably in for another beating at home in September Cry

With Foden and Bellingham in the form theyre in, it's actually the stuff of nightmares. Well do well to keep that one to only 2 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2024 at 9:50pm
Thought they were great last half an hour, looked a hammering at two down.

Nice crowd at the game, great to see loads of families and kids there. Women's sport come a long way in a short space of time. 
StopTheLights View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StopTheLights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2024 at 10:34pm
They need to play like that in the last 20mins for the whole match, they really harried England during that time. Campbell was great in both games her throw really lifts the attack, the crowd was buzzing everytime she threw it. I thought Mannion should have got player of the match she was really solid defensively.

England did enough, they were just calmly passing it around for periods in the 2nd half and Ireland couldn't get near it. But I don't think they were as threatening as I thought they'd be. 

Ireland need to tidy up in certain areas but they're not far away from making it click. Whether they get it to click by the end of the group stage though I'm not sure
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2024 at 8:41am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Nice crowd at the game, great to see loads of families and kids there. Women's sport come a long way in a short space of time. 

They really have Thumbs Up
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2024 at 11:51am
Hannah Dingley announced as Head of Women's and Girls football. The name rang a bell from somewhere - She had a spell as caretaker manager of Forest Green Rovers. 
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2024 at 12:18pm

Great to see proper stadium management too closing off sections be nice if the men's games could do the same when not full.
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2024 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

Great to see proper stadium management too closing off sections be nice if the men's games could do the same when not full.
Difficult to do when you have ST holders spread all over the ground. Was in 306 last  night which is usually premium halfway line and the queues for the female toilets and bar facilities were very long. I'd hate to fork out for a mens season ticket in that block and be faced with the same issues.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Terzino View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terzino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2024 at 2:43pm
The attitude was much better in this game, particularly the 2nd half. The wonder is that Ireland have to go behind before they start to loosen the shackles.

The team earned their place at the top table, so they need to stop showing the opposition such respect. These sides are better than Ireland, but they are not infallible, and if you put them under pressure you can prosper from their mistakes.

Standing off them will get you nowhere and the 5-4-1 is an absolute hindrance.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 141142143
  Share Topic