You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Darragh Lenihan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2023 at 6:46pm
I don't think O'Shea has much to worry about not getting back into the starting team with Lenihans display both defensively and offensively 
I thought his use of the ball was very boring. He has the most passes of the Irish team and they were all short passes to Egan, O'Dowda, McClean or into midfield when he were arsed showing for it. I don't remember him trying to carry the ball out of defence or trying a cross field ball
I think O'Shea is better on the ball and has a better eye for a pass then Lenihan too.
I would like O'Shea straight back into the starting line up on Monday.
Sponsored Links

John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2023 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by darman28 darman28 wrote:

I don't think O'Shea has much to worry about not getting back into the starting team with Lenihans display both defensively and offensively 
I thought his use of the ball was very boring. He has the most passes of the Irish team and they were all short passes to Egan, O'Dowda, McClean or into midfield when he were arsed showing for it. I don't remember him trying to carry the ball out of defence or trying a cross field ball
I think O'Shea is better on the ball and has a better eye for a pass then Lenihan too.
I would like O'Shea straight back into the starting line up on Monday.

Agree with all of that. O'Shea was missed on the night. If Scales isnt seen as a genuine option (left out of matchday squad again) then we should be looking at introducing at least one of Mc Nally, Mc Guinness or Cashin (plays as a left sided CB) into the squad.
Idah Dream!
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2023 at 8:35pm
One thing I will say is that for all his faults, if Shane Duffy hits the ground running at Norwich he is definitely back in the frame for me. 
Idah Dream!
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2023 at 8:54pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

One thing I will say is that for all his faults, if Shane Duffy hits the ground running at Norwich he is definitely back in the frame for me. 

Not if we intend to do any passing whatsoever. If Kenny stays in charge, though, Duffy might get a recall as a last-10-mins striker with poor ol’ Michael O being dropped for him. 
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2023 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by Fitz Fitz wrote:

Not if we intend to do any passing whatsoever. If Kenny stays in charge, though, Duffy might get a recall as a last-10-mins striker with poor ol’ Michael O being dropped for him. 

It would be nice if our defenders did some defending in the first instance!
Idah Dream!
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2023 at 9:58pm

Originally posted by Fitz Fitz wrote:

It would be nice if our defenders did some defending in the first instance!

Duffy would be one of the first names on the team sheet again if, as John says, hits the ground running with Norwich. He was arguably our best player until recently under Kenny until the Celtic move and I think that was disastrous due to personal reasons off the pitch which he hasn't really recovered from since.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2023 at 10:12pm
Scores to earn his side a point tonight
Idah Dream!
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2023 at 8:35pm
Recently had surgery & is out for the rest of the season.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic