You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA match in Bordeaux

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Poll Question: Would there be interest in a big GAA match in the Deaux?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
62 [65.26%]
6 [6.32%]
27 [28.42%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muscles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2016 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

The GAA will probably fine the organisers of this for playing in foreign fields .

idiot
Sponsored Links

Shano78 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shano78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2016 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

tell us more about the pub that will show London/Mayo v Galway ( counting no chickens here ) 

Tyrone v Cavan is on that day. Might be better viewing. I want to shout "who are ya, who are ya" at the screen so that it balances out me being on a soccer trip.
Keltica View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keltica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2016 at 10:49am
12 of us, I'm sure we'd be up for it too :)

not to play mind just to... Kroninberg, I believe is the verb?!
On the First day of Christmas...
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2016 at 11:58am
Originally posted by Shano78 Shano78 wrote:

Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

tell us more about the pub that will show London/Mayo v Galway ( counting no chickens here ) 

Tyrone v Cavan is on that day. Might be better viewing. I want to shout "who are ya, who are ya" at the screen so that it balances out me being on a soccer trip.

Like Tyrone v Cavan can compare with the Connacht Classico!
Robert23 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robert23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2016 at 5:09pm
Hope to get to this Thumbs Up
a.cunningham11 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a.cunningham11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2016 at 8:05am
Hey lads. Just a quick update on this. The inauguration is still taking place in Blanquefort and the Mairie are even looking into putting on some transport for ppl to get there from town. I'll update here when I know more.

Regarding the match between supporters. I don't think this will be possible. There are insurance issues with fans playing and then GAA registration issues that haven't even been looked at.

The match between Bordeaux and Toulouse will be the only match taking place. There will be demonstrations of things like handpasses and stuff like that if ppl really want to kick a ball but playing a match won't be possible. The bar, ambassador, music, specialguest etc are all still going ahead

Let me know if ye have any questions or suggestions.

Anthony
a.cunningham11 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a.cunningham11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2016 at 7:27pm
Just a quick update lads. No transport available from Bordeaux out to Blanquefort for the match unfortunately. KO of the match at 13h. There's going to be a band after and the main event is Bordeaux XI vs Toulouse XI. Joe.ie are supposed to be coming out too!

See ye there
mandrake View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mandrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2016 at 9:38am
Originally posted by muscles muscles wrote:

Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

The GAA will probably fine the organisers of this for playing in foreign fields .

idiot

well said muscles... dont underestimate the power of GAA's CCCC 
Come on Irelind
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic