You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vienna - November 12th 2016- Travel + Accom

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 525354
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2016 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

I wonder how many fans direct points Ray Darcy and his Chung fella have . Met a good few without tickets that were at Stuttgart to France and all that went in between that were ticketless

really ? just how many were ticketless( as there were precious few with  records with the FAI that didn't get tickets from what I can see and from what was posted here )

Do they post here  ? have they season tickets or is it the usual story that their 'source' fancied the game themselves and shafted them ?

Anybody with a season ticket and any sort of away record direct with FAI  got sorted
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Sponsored Links

BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2016 at 3:58pm
I know it is hard to tell with everybody standing but it wasn't rammed and there were definitely places in the rows in front of us.
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2016 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

I wonder how many fans direct points Ray Darcy and his Chung fella have . Met a good few without tickets that were at Stuttgart to France and all that went in between that were ticketless

really ? just how many were ticketless( as there were precious few with  records with the FAI that didn't get tickets from what I can see and from what was posted here )

Do they post here  ? have they season tickets or is it the usual story that their 'source' fancied the game themselves and shafted them ?

Anybody with a season ticket and any sort of away record direct with FAI  got sorted

I never asked them were they YBIG posters or what their records were or if they had season tickets . They did say they were left down by the FAI for tickets . Also a few that travelled on the charters had no tickets and they said they were left down by the FAI . A good few of the travellers on Abbey , 747 and the likes that use that service are fairly well travelled and would go to most of the away games . I doubt an aul chap from down the country would drag the missus over to Vienna and hope to pick up tickets out there . Younger people would do it no bother . I was in the Bockshorn and the bar man said there was a fair demand for tickets
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2016 at 8:03pm

I never asked them were they YBIG posters or what their records were or if they had season tickets . They did say they were left down by the FAI for tickets . Also a few that travelled on the charters had no tickets and they said they were left down by the FAI . A good few of the travellers on Abbey , 747 and the likes that use that service are fairly well travelled and would go to most of the away games . I doubt an aul chap from down the country would drag the missus over to Vienna and hope to pick up tickets out there . Younger people would do it no bother . I was in the Bockshorn and the bar man said there was a fair demand for tickets

They probably need to look a little closer to home than blame the FAI and trust me I am no fan of current FAI ticketing arrangements. If they have no ST and no away record direct with the FAI why did they expect tickets ? - the game was oversubscribed, why should they get tickets ? They had a arrangement with a 3rd party - they should take it up with them.

Abbey get 15% of the tickets as is their contact they will have their regulars that I would be staggered if they didn't sort out and they will also sell seats on their charter without tickets , I guess people think they have an entitlement just because they happen to travel with Abbey

747 have no such arrangement they have no official arrangement with FAI

Didn't get in til late on fri but nobody asked me for tickets ( not that I had any spare)

Pretty much anybody with a season ticket and a decent away record DIRECT with the FAI got sorted , if they rely on a 3rd party then that's up to them . Some existing STH got turned down because the game was oversubscribed unfortunately

Originally posted by BohsinMunich BohsinMunich wrote:

I know it is hard to tell with everybody standing but it wasn't rammed and there were definitely places in the rows in front of us.

Plenty space round us but TBF plenty were standing in the aisles

Edited by Newryrep - 14 Nov 2016 at 8:09pm
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 525354
  Share Topic