You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Go Green On November Sixteen

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111213
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2015 at 3:03pm
And what was the story with him asking us to 'show your appreciation for' the teams as they were about to come out on to the pitch for the pre-match formalities last sunday? Show our appreciation for what? They hadn't done anything yet! ConfusedLOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Sponsored Links

GreenDodger93 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenDodger93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2015 at 3:05pm
The second the game finished on Sunday he wouldn't shut up for about 3 minutes. I've been giving out about him for months now on here and finally people seem to be realising how brutal he is.

Edited by GreenDodger93 - 11 Nov 2015 at 3:06pm
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2015 at 3:39pm
I know the previous stadium announcer wasn't great, he tended to croak his way through announcements. At this stage I'd be guessing that anyone who was complaining about him and wanting him out back then probably now have that adage 'be careful what you wish for' crossing their minds. LOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2015 at 4:52pm
Biggest problem is the amount of ads on the scoreboard . The way the scots built up Hampden to a crescendo before  the game last year should be the way we go.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Stonesy114 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stonesy114 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2015 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by Gallowgate 67 Gallowgate 67 wrote:

Originally posted by GreenDodger93 GreenDodger93 wrote:

That PA who sounds like a posh 12 year old who's voice hasn't broke kills the atmosphere more than anything imo

This Coming on for Oireland number 22 ....My god he does my head in how did he ever get the job worst voice ever....

'Oireland' LOLLOLLOLLOL Spot on Clap 
Let The People Sing
TheFieldsOfAthenry View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheFieldsOfAthenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2015 at 12:53am
Cork did a fantastic display on Sunday, surely something like that could be organised?
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2015 at 1:03am
Originally posted by TheFieldsOfAthenry TheFieldsOfAthenry wrote:

Cork did a fantastic display on Sunday, surely something like that could be organised?

Another thread on here talking about the crowd display we sorting for the south stand Monday night. Getting the money collected for it via paypal at the minute
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
PJIRELAND View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PJIRELAND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2015 at 4:28am
The worst thing has to be announcing the score at half time. 'And the half time score is Ireland 0 Germany 0'.
FFS if there is people at the game who don't know the score what's the f**kin point of going! Drives me mental
YBIG Fantasy Football Champion 2013/2014.
shoggy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shoggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2015 at 10:53am
Threw this together this morning if anyone wants to stick it up as there facebook photo to raise awareness, cant get it resized thou this though Embarrassed 

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else!
westyboy View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote westyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2015 at 12:19pm
great idea, heading down from Belfast with 10 others, got the flags and jerseys ready and hoping to part of a great atmosphere.
GreenDodger93 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenDodger93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2015 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by Stonesy114 Stonesy114 wrote:

Originally posted by Gallowgate 67 Gallowgate 67 wrote:

Originally posted by GreenDodger93 GreenDodger93 wrote:

That PA who sounds like a posh 12 year old who's voice hasn't broke kills the atmosphere more than anything imo

This Coming on for Oireland number 22 ....My god he does my head in how did he ever get the job worst voice ever....

'Oireland' LOLLOLLOLLOL Spot on Clap 
Did you hear him at full time last night... He wouldn't shut up jesus Christ, please show your appreciation for Ireland.. the hell does it look like we're doing? The stadium is about to collapse. "Congratulations to Bosniaaaa" I dunno maybe it's one of those things once you notice it you can't unotice it and you're critical regardless but he is absolutely hopeless.
greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2019 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by greenlad greenlad wrote:

Good idea lads, would be great if this was picked up on.ClapClapClap
I tried to get an idea of lighting the aviva green on matchdays, and sent out emails to a good lot of   the main sponsors last year but never got a word back, we should have the street lights with green bulbs and the bridge there at slatts should be lit green, this needs to go to the press to push things along.
ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap

Couldn't find the thread for this but found an old post. 
Apparently they lit the stadium green for paddy's day so I was wondering why they can't keep the lights there and do the same for next week against georgia
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2019 at 1:07pm

I tried to get an idea of lighting the aviva green on matchdays, and sent out emails to a good lot of   the main sponsors last year but never got a word back, we should have the street lights with green bulbs and the bridge there at slatts should be lit green, this needs to go to the press to push things along.

Apparently they lit the stadium green for paddy's day so I was wondering why they can't keep the lights there and do the same for next week against georgia

Because it was done by lights rented by the IRFU and had nothing to do with the Aviva or the FAI
greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2019 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Because it was done by lights rented by the IRFU and had nothing to do with the Aviva or the FAI
would discover Ireland or bord failte been involved, both of which were emailed with the idea years ago. could the fai not have a bit of cop on and see this was happening and see how easy it is to do. it was all over joe.ie so theres not much room for excuses....
it always seems to fall on the fans to come up with decent ideas and to foot the bill for them also....
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2019 at 1:31pm

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

would discover Ireland or bord failte been involved, both of which were emailed with the idea years ago. could the fai not have a bit of cop on and see this was happening and see how easy it is to do. it was all over joe.ie so theres not much room for excuses....
it always seems to fall on the fans to come up with decent ideas and to foot the bill for them also....

They would have been alright but as I said it was done by spotlights which the IRFU agreed to finance not the actually lights at the stadium, Any of the stadium lights probably used a filter* which wouldn't be practical.

*Not sure if the stadium lights can change colour I stand corrected if they can, I also think there is some issue with changing the brightness of the lights as in there is no dimmer it's either off or On fully

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111213
  Share Topic