You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

***2015 Rugby World Cup***

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 555657
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2015 at 10:43pm
Jesus last few pages of this thread is utter garbage.
Why challenge mr bean to a game of wit when you can see that he is unarmed.

CoffeeBean View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CoffeeBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2015 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Just the facts baby the FACTS,
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2015 at 6:55am
Originally posted by CoffeeBean CoffeeBean wrote:

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Comparing Bod to Carter and McCaw is ridiculous two of the greatest players ever to grace the rugby field would be like comparing lets give your example Rooney to Pele and maradona.

Lomu bar 1995 world cup never really made an impact at other world cups

Interesting that you say he was average in 2003 yet nominated for player of tournament just goes to show you are talking out of your arse

At least Lomu produced at one WC BoD didn't at three!!

If Dan Carter and McCaw are two of the greatest players ever to grace a rugby field and BoD cannot be compared to them then you agree that BoD wasn't one of the greatest players nevermind world class Clap

Carter and McCaw are beyond world class, they're as I said two of the greatest players ever.

You can keep coming out with your non facts as you haven't actually made any bar oh he didn't do anything in the world cup which I proved you wrong on .

Another fact for you Brian was inducted into World Rugby hall of fame last night and given a lifetime achievement award now you don't win these awards if you were average
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2015 at 9:28am
Originally posted by CoffeeBean CoffeeBean wrote:

Just the facts baby the FACTS,

Only 4 people in the world have been nominated for the Rugby world player of the year 3 times or more - FACT

McCaw 8
Dan Carter 5
Pocock 3
BOD 3

Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2015 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by kimbap kimbap wrote:

Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Too much time and energy wasted on this niche event.....

This niche event is the third biggest sporting event in the world (a lot of conflicting data on this but generally seems to be accepted) so bigger than the winter Olympics,Superbowl,world series,champions League,Euros etc

I hate golf and horse racing which are pretty big sports,don't feel the need to comment or insult them,I just watch sports i enjoy instead.

If you don't like it,don't watch and comment on it,seems simple enough to me.

This I had to laugh at this. The World Cup Final just gone will still fall 50 million short of the average viewing figures for a Superbowl.

And that's not even taking into account the regular season
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2015 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by Bo Jackson Bo Jackson wrote:

This niche event is the third biggest sporting event in the world (a lot of conflicting data on this but generally seems to be accepted) so bigger than the winter Olympics,Superbowl,world series,champions League,Euros etc

I hate golf and horse racing which are pretty big sports,don't feel the need to comment or insult them,I just watch sports i enjoy instead.

This I had to laugh at this. The World Cup Final just gone will still fall 50 million short of the average viewing figures for a Superbowl.

It's these kinds of delusions of grandeur  that cause people to dislike the sport.
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2015 at 12:22pm

Will you go away and lie down you madman.  
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2015 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by AnCearrbhach AnCearrbhach wrote:

It's these kinds of delusions of grandeur  that cause people to dislike the sport.
Exactly. To seriously suggest a RWC final is a bigger event than the superbowl or CL final is demented. But this falls into a pattern with the egg chasers who simply can't get over the fact that despite 15 years of unprecedented success they are still way off football in every sense.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2015 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

Exactly. To seriously suggest a RWC final is a bigger event than the superbowl or CL final is demented. But this falls into a pattern with the egg chasers who simply can't get over the fact that despite 15 years of unprecedented success they are still way off football in every sense.

As well as having smaller viewing figures and brand value than all the events mentioned it is also behind events like the Monaco Grand Prix, World Series, Daytona 500, Kentucky Derby, NCAA Final Four and miles behind the Cricket World Cup. The Rugby world cup final isn't even in the top 10 events of 2015. Enjoy your sport and your championship all you want but don't be getting ahead of yourself.

rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2015 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by Bo Jackson Bo Jackson wrote:

Yeah its f**king madness to suggest Rugby World Cup final is bigger than the Superbowl or CL final.
kimbap View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimbap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2015 at 3:18pm
May have been off with that statement about the final (cant be arsed googling it)

Still the Rugby WC is the third biggest sporting event in the world.

Note to ritd,your total insecurity about your preferred sport and general gobsh1tery means i stopped responding to you a long time ago.If you could kindly fcuk off and extend me the same courtesy it would be much appreciated.Thumbs Up
Guest View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2015 at 3:26pm

There's a Rugby bashing thread guys, take it over there.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2015 at 3:34pm

May have been off with that statement about the final (cant be arsed googling it)

Note to ritd,your total insecurity about your preferred sport and general gobsh1tery means i stopped responding to you a long time ago.If you could kindly fcuk off and extend me the same courtesy it would be much appreciated.Thumbs Up

People are clearly getting fed up of this topic so I won't go on but this is nowhere near the case and the smallest bit of research will show you that. By the way I like rugby just clearing this up Smile
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2015 at 3:34pm

'May have been off'? You are a master of understatement.

But it clearly isn't by any possible criteria.

If you are going to make such hilariously outlandish statements that the Rugby WC is bigger then the CL or NFL you are going to be mocked. Deal with it.
kimbap View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimbap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2015 at 3:44pm

People are clearly getting fed up of this topic so I won't go on but this is nowhere near the case and the smallest bit of research will show you that. By the way I like rugby just clearing this up Smile

That's fair enough and i did say in my original post I was open to correction that.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2015 at 6:34pm
There's a load of different barometers, everyone can argue for their own sport. The only thing Rugby World Cup is third in is the number of tickets sold (behind Olympics and World Cup). Of course if ya counted Premier League as and event that (and most leagues would top that).

Rugby also ranks high on nations competing (although 90 of the 110 don't really count).
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 555657
  Share Topic