You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Unpopular Opinion Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 123124125
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2024 at 10:54am
Every manager will back themselves to turn things around. It was his dream job and biggest salary he ever made.
Hardly shameless to try and hold on for as long as possible.

The fans hadn't really turned on him to the point of anger either. It was more in the area of, just hasn't worked out and best to part and give someone else a go.

He also said himself he understands it.

Though I do think he should just let it go now and stop trying to defend the tenure or lean on the mitigating factors. It was what it was which was not good and he had enough chances.

Edited by t_rAndy - 14 Mar 2024 at 10:54am
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2024 at 12:01pm
He was given the job by JD that alone should have sent alarm bells from the off .

The job was so far beyond him as what was said 3 years ago that he would be back in the LOI and looks that way . 

He stole 3 years wages of nothing football , Tippy Tappy on our own 3rd of the pitch then lost game after game . 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2024 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

He was given the job by JD that alone should have sent alarm bells from the off .

The job was so far beyond him as what was said 3 years ago that he would be back in the LOI and looks that way . 

He stole 3 years wages of nothing football , Tippy Tappy on our own 3rd of the pitch then lost game after game . 

That’s all fine murph but it doesn’t mean that muff should be having a go at his character and calling him a shameless indvidual. He wasn’t up the job. So be it. The world didn’t end.  I He was let go and next guy will get a go.  The world moves on.  Being good at his job wouldn’t have made him a good person and being bad at his job for Ireland shouldn’t make him a bad person.  We have to separate the professional and the personal.   MON did a good job for Ireland but having read his book and his interviews etc. he wouldn’t be my cup of tea but he should be proud of his record for Ireland. 

Edited by Baldrick - 14 Mar 2024 at 12:10pm
AKA pedantic kunt
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2024 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

That’s all fine murph but it doesn’t mean that muff should be having a go at his character and calling him a shameless indvidual. He wasn’t up the job. So be it. The world didn’t end.  I He was let go and next guy will get a go.  The world moves on.  Being good at his job wouldn’t have made him a good person and being bad at his job for Ireland shouldn’t make him a bad person.  We have to separate the professional and the personal.   MON did a good job for Ireland but having read his book he wouldn’t be my cup of tea but he should be proud of his record for Ireland.  

I know Muff wasn't happy with him as stood next to him at some game a couple of years ago but said very little on here , as don't blame him really as a few of us got ripped apart for been anti Kenny LOL
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2024 at 12:13pm

That’s all fine murph but it doesn’t mean that muff should be having a go at his character and calling him a shameless indvidual. He wasn’t up the job. So be it. The world didn’t end.  I He was let go and next guy will get a go.  The world moves on.  Being good at his job wouldn’t have made him a good person and being bad at his job for Ireland shouldn’t make him a bad person.  We have to separate the professional and the personal.   MON did a good job for Ireland but having read his book he wouldn’t be my cup of tea but he should be proud of his record for Ireland.  

I know Muff wasn't happy with him as stood next to him at some game a couple of years ago but said very little on here , as don't blame him really as a few of us got ripped apart for been anti Kenny LOL

Jesus Christ it’s a compliment to be ripped apart on here surely.  Why would that bother anyone expressing an opinion based on facts.  

Edited by Baldrick - 14 Mar 2024 at 12:13pm
AKA pedantic kunt
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2024 at 12:13pm

That’s all fine murph but it doesn’t mean that muff should be having a go at his character and calling him a shameless indvidual. He wasn’t up the job. So be it. The world didn’t end.  I He was let go and next guy will get a go.  The world moves on.  Being good at his job wouldn’t have made him a good person and being bad at his job for Ireland shouldn’t make him a bad person.  We have to separate the professional and the personal.   MON did a good job for Ireland but having read his book and his interviews etc. he wouldn’t be my cup of tea but he should be proud of his record for Ireland. 

I shouldn't be saying it but hence the title thread. 

It is an unpopular opinion. You have to give me that. LOL

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2024 at 12:15pm

Don't know where you're getting that from Murph. 

I've been pretty critical of Kenny on here especially after the Greece away. That was the nail in the coffin. 

The Branch Kennyians don't scare me Tongue

Edited by irishmufc - 14 Mar 2024 at 12:16pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2024 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Don't know where you're getting that from Murph. 

I've been pretty critical of Kenny on here especially after the Greece away. That was the nail in the coffin. 

The Branch Kennyians don't scare me Tongue

Sorry i put my hand up muff , errr maybe i should have put that another way really . Hug
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2024 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Every manager will back themselves to turn things around. It was his dream job and biggest salary he ever made.
Hardly shameless to try and hold on for as long as possible.

The fans hadn't really turned on him to the point of anger either. It was more in the area of, just hasn't worked out and best to part and give someone else a go.

He also said himself he understands it.

Though I do think he should just let it go now and stop trying to defend the tenure or lean on the mitigating factors. It was what it was which was not good and he had enough chances.

Exactly this. I never wanted Kenny from day one and he was a disaster but I bet he felt he would be a success and never had any thoughts of quitting. 
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2024 at 9:26pm
cans of draught beamish are far superior to canned Guinness or Murphy’s .
Lovely creamy pint.
No Pasaran!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 123124125
  Share Topic