You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wedding Venue

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2021 at 5:16pm
My own wedding was a humanist ceremony in a hotel. Only 19 of us at it. Had a party two days later for everyone else. Very hassle free. 

Edited by theheff1989 - 28 Apr 2021 at 5:35pm
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2021 at 5:26pm
might look into the humanist option as the registry office in Cork looks grim from the outside.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2021 at 6:55pm
As soon as we get sign off that we can go ahead with 50, we're doing it. Even if it's at 2 or 3 weeks notice. Hope to god it will be this summer, the stress hanging over us the last year is almost unbearable.

"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2021 at 7:09pm
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

Was due to have a wedding reception in October last year and of course Covid put a stop to it.
However from 2021 the venue was becoming vat registered, she said she would keep the same rate for us but we'd have to pay the vat.

Plans changed for us a few months ago and told her we'd have to push it back the next year instead and she told us that she couldn't keep the same rate and would have to be 2022 rates, which is double what we have originally agreed. Things have changed again and we probably could have it this year but you still never know with covid and the amount of people you're allow have. 
Ok I get that places have been closed and have to make the money back, but double the price!
Any one else getting shafted who's has to change their plans?

My brother who is in a wedding band said they're keeping all their existing bookings at the same rate but an extra 100 or 200 for new bookings and not double the cost.

In the same boat , on to are third new date for next summer. We sign a contract with the venue in 2019 and will be getting them rates regardless of when it is thanks to having that . Bit like your self if the vat goes up or down is the only think that will fluctuate the price. 

Have heard of one or two places doing what you've said now but few and far between now
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2021 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by theheff1989 theheff1989 wrote:

My own wedding was a humanist ceremony in a hotel. Only 19 of us at it. Had a party two days later for everyone else. Very hassle free. 
We looked into that effort, while I can see why it would be much more tailored to yourself, it looked far more hassle to organise everything. At least with the church/hotel there's a set template that ya just book.
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2021 at 9:54pm
Originally posted by theheff1989 theheff1989 wrote:

My own wedding was a humanist ceremony in a hotel. Only 19 of us at it. Had a party two days later for everyone else. Very hassle free

I regret not getting drunker and causing a commotion then.

My registry part I moved from April to October. Didn't want a big celebration then but her parents wouldn't have been able to come so pointless. The celebration we postponed from this June bank holiday to next on her family farm in Wicklow. Made the call around January so we wouldn't have to stress the next few months whether it would be a runner and all the vendors, photographer band etc can do the new date so happy days!
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2021 at 9:46am
The one in charge of the venue must be reading this cos I haven't heard from her in weeks and then yesterday emails me to say she doesn't have an updated signed contract from us.
Now she wants 30% peyment 3 months before the date. But sure we don't know if it could go ahead 3 months beforehand.
And if we are to push it back to next year I really don't want to be paying double. It's left a bad taste with the place and I think I'd prefer to look at other places.
The dark side.. And the light
Il Principe View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Il Principe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2021 at 2:14pm
yeah tell them to gtf

places now ripping the arse out of everything, weddings were crazy enough before

2002 all over again, save your cash where you can

you will need it in the coming years
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic