0 [0.00%]
1 [4.55%]
11 [50.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Not a WUM anymore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xpro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2015 at 12:20am
Sligo were always great at unearthing a hungry young manager from across the water, like Cook or Baraclough, someone fresh to our league who didn`t have a bias towards certain players. Then they went native with Heary and their season went completely pear-shaped.

As for Derry, they tried a few Southern managers such as Kenny, Roddy and Fenlon, but as one of them said to me: "they`re parochial up there and really only want one of their own in charge". Well, they`ve one of their own right now in Peter Hutton and their season has gone as pear-shaped as that of Sligo.
"If you fail to prepare, you`re prepared to fail" - Mark Spitz
Sponsored Links

roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2015 at 5:23pm
I went for Sligs simply on the grounds the others around them are showing some form of improvement except Drogs who are still a bit ahead. Sligs are just in total disarray and are lucky Limerick are that far off the pace.

I wonder how much of it relates to them being so public about a consolodation year - did the players read that as carte blance to take the michael?
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2015 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

I wonder how much of it relates to them being so public about a consolodation year - did the players read that as carte blance to take the michael?

Probably the opposite actually. It relates to Heary saying that his players team was capable of challenging for a league. If he had just said that it was a consolidation year, that he was bringing in youth and in a couple of season we'd be able to challenge again that would have been fine. He made a rod to beat himself with from the get go.

Anyway change is coming. Hopefully it wont be too late in the season to make a difference.
Nah Nah Nah Nah View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Yea Yea Yea Yea

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nah Nah Nah Nah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2015 at 7:17pm
I voted for Derry at the time but would certainly vote for us if I could vote again now. In fact I'd probably vote for Limerick after last Saturday night.

First game of the season Cork came to The Showgrounds. Plenty of hope and a big crowd turned up on the night. Should really have won. This meeting will be with met great trepidation. 

As for why we're there, if and when we get a new manager in it will be our 6th manager since winning the Setanta Cup last May. Whatever the pros and cons of Barraclough being let go (and I don't see any pros myself) not being able to get someone to replace him has been the main problem. Jesus Gil would be proud of that rate of change of managers.
Xpro View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Not a WUM anymore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xpro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2015 at 11:57pm
Didn`t realise you`ve had 5 managers since last May. That kind of firefighting just smacks of desperation among the Sligo board. Dykes and N`Do both served the club well as players but I never felt for a moment that it was going to work from the dugout.

"If you fail to prepare, you`re prepared to fail" - Mark Spitz
Nah Nah Nah Nah View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Yea Yea Yea Yea

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nah Nah Nah Nah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2015 at 9:05am
Originally posted by Xpro Xpro wrote:

Didn`t realise you`ve had 5 managers since last May. That kind of firefighting just smacks of desperation among the Sligo board. Dykes and N`Do both served the club well as players but I never felt for a moment that it was going to work from the dugout.

Yeah

Barraclough
Coleman
Dykes
Heary
Ndo
Adams
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2015 at 11:48am
Originally posted by Xpro Xpro wrote:

In fairness to the board on the Ndo thing, it was damned if you do and damned if you don't.
People were fine with Heary being manager but not happy that the legend that is Joey was not involved with the club at all. To keep fans happy, to help Heary (and boost attendances) Joey was brought in as coach. When Heary got the sack they were almost obliged to give Joey a chance, some fans would be up in arms if he wasn't given ago. Well the Ndo experiment hasn't been a success unfortunately, so its gone full circle really.

Edited by GoneToShowgies - 05 Aug 2015 at 11:48am
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2015 at 11:52am
If we get our better players on the pitch (which Ndo didn't do for all sorts of reasons) and get Russell back from injury then we have a chance to move up the table.
Doyler1993 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doyler1993 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2015 at 10:05pm
The match on monday between galway and drogheda will decide it
IT’S NO USE BOILING YOUR CABBAGE TWICE
UCDFAN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UCDFAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2015 at 6:56pm
Delighted for Limerick FC making the charge for 11th spot as predicted.
fair play to all the regular LoI watchers and observers for spotting the regular circumstances of a stuggling team finding a rich vein of form and translating that into results.
www.ucdsupporters.ie
UCDFAN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UCDFAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2015 at 6:40pm
Super excited about the continued consistency in the relegated-threathened 12th place Club, raising their form in a normal predictable manner and with the known LoI personalties attached to that Football Club using Football as a medium to get positive results to legitimately challenge the teams above them.

Football brings pos.Results.

I'm sure the reason Limerick FC went unmentioned and ignored, including the poll survey, was the strong belief that 12th place Limerick FC would end up in 10th place or higher. That must be the reason because to ignore and exclude a Football Club from a simple discussion at the bottom end of the Premier Division table. (it would be unfortunate if posters on this thread believed they could make statements on this thread and the attempt to wipe the slate clean by abandoning this thread and contributing to a new fresh thread, hoping to forget their early comments).
www.ucdsupporters.ie
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic