Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Kevin Moran

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2023 at 10:59pm
He was some gaelic footballer 
Sponsored Links

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2023 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Absolutely. 

Not a chance you'll ever see someone match his achievement of a 2 Senior AI Medals and an 2 FA Cup Winners medals. You won't even see anyone even win one of each again

Edited by Denis Irwin - 29 May 2023 at 11:17pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 7:28am
There was a naivety abroad in the 70s that could not be replicated now for insurance reasons never mind common sense. Clubs like Man.Utd are protective of their assets and they just didn’t appreciate back then how fierce, risky and at times violent a game Gaelic football was. I think they got an eye-opener when they released Moran to play in the 1977 final against Armagh. What Kevin achieved will certainly never be repeated in the future.
smart man View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
Not so.......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smart man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 4:07pm
Enjoyed the Programme last night. Brilliant player at both codes saw him play both. Maybe the fact that he had a education behind him helped him at OT in the early days. He always knew he had something to come back to. Also Billy Behan had some eye for a player. Saved United a fortune over the year. 
alive and kicking
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

That's the mad thing, if he stayed here he probably would of went on to be one of the greatest of all time at Gaelic Football. He was already a prodigy at 21 when he left. Probably the 1st ever marauding, attacking half back. Reminds me of James McCarthy (who's aul lad I think he played with for Dublin!)

"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 8:27pm
can’t believe utd didn’t sign Jimmy Keaveney 😜
AKA pedantic kunt
Banana_RepublicFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2023 at 9:56am
Originally posted by smart man smart man wrote:

Enjoyed the Programme last night. Brilliant player at both codes saw him play both. Maybe the fact that he had a education behind him helped him at OT in the early days. He always knew he had something to come back to. Also Billy Behan had some eye for a player. Saved United a fortune over the year. 

My uncle went to college with him. Very nice man.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2023 at 10:52am
Originally posted by Banana_RepublicFC Banana_RepublicFC wrote:

Originally posted by smart man smart man wrote:

My uncle went to college with him. Very nice man.

and what was Kevin like?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2023 at 10:57pm
Just watched this tonight. Ya as said i didnt know he was as good a gaelic player as i now know. He was savage. Even as a footballer he was a class defender. From watching this was he under rated even? Maybe all the knocks and blood make people think he was just a mad man defender when he seemed very calm. Hes a wee bit before my time. How would he rate as our best defenders? We had some good ones. Was he as good as McGrath? Close id say. Some sportsman tho. Absolutely banjaxed in that Dublin game before he went back to Utd LOL
I love beer gardens
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2023 at 11:05pm
He wasn’t in McGraths class 
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2023 at 4:09am
He was a different player to McGrath. Jack liked Moran and Mick McCarthy as his centre backs as they excelled at defending. Tough guys who took no prisoners, like himself in his playing days.McGrath and Lawrenson were so good on the ball that he could play them in midfield. And Ronnie Whelan at left back. A different era when Ireland had an embarrassment of riches.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2023 at 5:08am
I don't know why I was surprised at how athletically gifted he was considering he played until he was 38 but there was some difference between himself and Jimmy Keaveney LOL

Moran looks very well for 67.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2023 at 10:00am
Was due to play with McGrath a the back at USA 94 only for an injury in training

zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2023 at 11:16am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

I don't know why I was surprised at how athletically gifted he was considering he played until he was 38 but there was some difference between himself and Jimmy Keaveney LOL

Moran looks very well for 67.

Jimmy Keaveny is 11 years older than Moran for one thing! 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
andysfc1895 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andysfc1895 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2023 at 8:43pm
Does anyone know anywhere this can be watched outside of Ireland? Can't get it on the rte player

Edited by andysfc1895 - 06 Jun 2023 at 8:43pm
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2023 at 12:16am
Originally posted by andysfc1895 andysfc1895 wrote:

Does anyone know anywhere this can be watched outside of Ireland? Can't get it on the rte player

Can watch/download it here

Edited by Bandwagon - 07 Jun 2023 at 12:17am
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2023 at 12:28am
Kevin Merann

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic