Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Steven Gerrard

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2015 at 7:44pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Sure twitter wasn't around in 2002
I spent the whole afternoon of September 11th, 2001 trolling Americans on Twitter. Death to the Infidels!
Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2015 at 8:25pm
Fair play, wasn't founded until 2006.

sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2021 at 1:57pm
You cannot doubt Steven Gerrard

WHAT 

CHAMPION 

Clap
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2021 at 2:47pm
The GClap
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2021 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

You cannot doubt Steven Gerrard

WHAT 

CHAMPION 

Clap
What year was that in England?I forgot!
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2023 at 10:55am
Gerrard confirmed the new manager of Al-Ettsfaq.

I'm sure he didn't go for the money.

Big smile
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2023 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Big smile
How do you chose where you work DM? Is it for the love of and history of the company?
Banana_RepublicFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2023 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Big smile
How do you chose where you work DM? Is it for the love of and history of the company?

Comparing a multi-millionaire former footballer and English football legend with DM is a ridiculous comparison.

Gerrard has a net worth of around £70 million. He's a 43 year old manager, not some old geezer looking for a final payday. 

You don't think he could have got another job in England or Europe?

It looks like he's thrown in the towel already after one bad spell at Villa.

Edited by Banana_RepublicFC - 04 Jul 2023 at 3:12pm
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2023 at 3:24pm
Maybe he didn't get many offers? -- he initially declined the role and then changed his mind a day later.

The same goes for Keane, I don't think he had too many offers to resurrect his coaching\managerial career, so took what was on offer.

Considering the trigger happy world we live, both will probably be home before Christmas.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2023 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Maybe he didn't get many offers? -- he initially declined the role and then changed his mind a day later.

The same goes for Keane, I don't think he had too many offers to resurrect his coaching\managerial career, so took what was on offer.

Considering the trigger happy world we live, both will probably be home before Christmas.

If Lampard was able to get jobs after Chelsea, Gerrard would too.

He actually did a very good job at Rangers. His record in Europe was good too.

He'd probably have to settle for a Championship team or wait for a PL club like Wolves, Luton or Sheffield United to sack their manager.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2023 at 3:45pm
No doubt he will be living in luxury and getting paid way more than any club would be willing to offer him in Europe. 
Is there really too much that can go wrong? Worst case scenario he is sacked and goes home millions of quid richer. 
If he is doing a good job there, he might also get picked back up by a club in europe

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2023 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by Banana_RepublicFC Banana_RepublicFC wrote:

He'd probably have to settle for a Championship team or wait for a PL club like Wolves, Luton or Sheffield United to sack their manager.

At Rangers he won one domestic trophy out of a possible nine. 
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2023 at 4:54pm

And Celtic were struggling at the time as well. His stint in Scotland is very overrated 
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2023 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

And Celtic were struggling at the time as well. His stint in Scotland is very overrated 

It really isn't. If you're a biased Celtic fan, maybe.

1st and only SP title since 2011. It was a big deal. Celtic had a massive advantage over Rangers who were in recovery for years.

Rangers outperformed Celtic in Europe under Gerrard. 26 wins & 17 draws from 53 European games.

Slippy G did a good job at Rangers. Villa was a disaster.

tapfit2004 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tapfit2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2023 at 7:01pm

1st and only SP title since 2011. It was a big deal. Celtic had a massive advantage over Rangers who were in recovery for years.

Rangers outperformed Celtic in Europe under Gerrard. 26 wins & 17 draws from 53 European games.

Neil Lennon managing Celtic the season he won the league had nothing to do with it? 

It was Celtic's worst season in years and not just because they lost against rangers. They were W 22, D 11 and L 5. Celtic had 77 points in the league, the last time they got lower points than that was the 99/00 season. 

Stevie's management was talked up that season but St Johnstone won the 2 cup competitions. He did OK in some of the European games but if celtic weren't so bad things could have been different. Rangers took 10 points out of the 4 league games against Celtic, Celtic took 1 and lost in the Scottish Cup as well.

Not too many of "THE PEOPLE" would be looking for him to come back. 
Let Christy Take It.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2023 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by tapfit2004 tapfit2004 wrote:

Neil Lennon managing Celtic the season he won the league had nothing to do with it? 

It was Celtic's worst season in years and not just because they lost against rangers. They were W 22, D 11 and L 5. Celtic had 77 points in the league, the last time they got lower points than that was the 99/00 season. 

Stevie's management was talked up that season but St Johnstone won the 2 cup competitions. He did OK in some of the European games but if celtic weren't so bad things could have been different. Rangers took 10 points out of the 4 league games against Celtic, Celtic took 1 and lost in the Scottish Cup as well.

Seen as Neil Lennon won a domestic treble the season before under Lennon, I'd say no.

Rangers, Celtic, Hibs and Aberdeen all failed to stop that St Johnston side. You're being a bit ridiculous with your standards. You don't have to win domestic treble every season to have a good season.

Rangers went the entire league campaign undefeated. 102 points. It would have been very difficult for any manager to match that. Rangers generally bought well under Gerrard.

You could say the same about Brendan Rodgers returning to Celtic.

Gerrard did well and earned a managerial move to England, then failed. Beale was with him at Villa for 6/7 months. So who knows how good Beale really is. Some people credit him for Gerrard's success at Rangers.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2023 at 10:10am

Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Big smile

Comparing a multi-millionaire former footballer and English football legend with DM is a ridiculous comparison.

Gerrard has a net worth of around £70 million. He's a 43 year old manager, not some old geezer looking for a final payday. 

You don't think he could have got another job in England or Europe?

It looks like he's thrown in the towel already after one bad spell at Villa.

I didn't mean it as a comparison at anyone in particular but more, isn't that how all of us chose who to work for? Make more money and live in the sun rather than Hull, Stoke or Coventry
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2023 at 2:21am

Originally posted by tapfit2004 tapfit2004 wrote:

Seen as Neil Lennon won a domestic treble the season before under Lennon, I'd say no.

Rangers, Celtic, Hibs and Aberdeen all failed to stop that St Johnston side. You're being a bit ridiculous with your standards. You don't have to win domestic treble every season to have a good season.

Rangers went the entire league campaign undefeated. 102 points. It would have been very difficult for any manager to match that. Rangers generally bought well under Gerrard.

You could say the same about Brendan Rodgers returning to Celtic.

Gerrard did well and earned a managerial move to England, then failed. Beale was with him at Villa for 6/7 months. So who knows how good Beale really is. Some people credit him for Gerrard's success at Rangers.

He won one trophy from nine in Scotland. The Huns wanted him chased on a few different occasions before Neil Lennon and the Celtic board lost their collective mind during the covid season (they had insisted on keeping players who were not committed enough and/or wanted out; they also had signed some atrocious guys who were way off the standard that was required). Callum Davidson is literally a more successful Scottish manager than Slippy. His reputation was heavily buoyed by his pals/admirers in the English media - who might watch an SPFL game twice a year - and he was quickly exposed for the utter, utter bluffer he is when he went to Villa. Bear in mind, also, that The Mole was - supposedly - the ‘brains’ of that particular operation. 

Edited by Fitz - 01 Aug 2023 at 2:33am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic