You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mayo Day

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 11:04am
http://www.mayo.ie/connect/who-we-are/mayo-day-2017#

That time of year again where we celebrate accident of birth and circumstance
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 11:18am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Hummmm maybe ANZAC day would be a tad more famous today .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 11:26am
What a pile of poo
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 11:27am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Hummmm maybe ANZAC day would be a tad more famous today .
That was yesterday.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 11:32am
Does everybody meet up and celebrate not winning All-Irelands or something ??
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 11:36am
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 11:43am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Not much of a Gaa fan but is the Mayo v Dublin rivalry the most bitter in the championship ?
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 11:50am
Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

Not much of a Gaa fan but is the Mayo v Dublin rivalry the most bitter in the championship ?

From my Dublin perspective, I don't think it's bitter at all. The only rivalry with a bit of edge for me is Meath. Kerry is definitely a big rivalry also but I always have respect for the teams they put out against us : To consistently compete year on year is an impressive achievement.
In terms of Mayo, I find myself laughing at them more often than any thing else : Sometime due to funny stuff but more in a slightly "Ah, seriously ?" way. That said, I wouldn't begrudge them winning an All-Ireland at some stage. For all that they have a load of band wagoners (and I'm not saying Dublin don't), they have some real fans who have been through a lot of disappointments over the past few decades who it would mean a lot to. 
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 12:03pm
You lot are an odd race of people.

*If not technically a race, maybe you should be. Something to look into perhaps. Bound to be grants available etc.
@AntrimMan85
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 12:26pm

Dublin v Mayo wouldn't a make a top 100 list of the most bitter rivalries in GAA. 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Dublin v Mayo wouldn't a make a top 100 list of the most bitter rivalries in GAA. 
I do love a list Sidney!ClapClapClap
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 1:03pm
Sorry I mean fans rivalry . A lad who works for me says they are the biggest shower of f**kers and also a few people I know say they would dislike the Mayo fans the most
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 1:19pm
So if you change the word Mayo with Ireland and the dates for St Patricks Day what's the difference? 

Who cares if it's a marketing gimmick to get business into the Mayo areas and reconnect with Mayo people around the world. I applaud their initiative.

Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
kimbap View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimbap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 2:21pm
This great occasion has rolled around again. Happy Mayo day to everyone
Mulvanystrasse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mulvanystrasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 2:42pm
Has a great rivalry with ketchup in Netherlands and Belgium.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 2:48pm
Looking forward to the Mayo Day parade through the wide boulevards of Swinford's Red and Green Square. Can almost visualise snowflakes lightly brushing against Pee Flynn's Brezhnevesque eyebrows...
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 3:43pm

Sorry I mean fans rivalry . A lad who works for me says they are the biggest shower of f**kers and also a few people I know say they would dislike the Mayo fans the most

It's not a big historic rivalry but we have played each so often over the last few years and in my view it really is turning toxic between both sets of fans.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic