You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

'Great Stadiums' that are actually sh*te

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d13dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2015 at 11:17am
New Wembley for me. pitch always seems terrible, too big to have an atmosphere, weird acoustics, dump of an area.

Sponsored Links

Barna Bee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barna Bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2015 at 11:48am
Wembley is ruined by the Club Wembley band that runs around the stadium...it's a neutral zone that houses the suits and sponsors where no colours are meant to be worn ....so it divides the stadium and dampens any atmosphere ....pity because other than that it is awesome.

Emirates is a thing of beauty but poor atmosphere for most games ....I hope Spurs new stadium which will look similar in every facet will learn some lesson from this ...it is proposed that it will  have a kop style  home end  to house the Park Lane upper and Park lane lower fatihful

Edited by Barna Bee - 20 Apr 2015 at 11:59am
"in di cup for Tottinghang!"
dunloybhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dunloybhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2015 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by forza trapp forza trapp wrote:

San Siro in Milan is a bit of a dump. Was in the Camp Nou with 85k there and it was as dead as the Emirates, guess a Sunday afternoon ko did not help.

Same with the camp Nou for me. 
put em under pressure!
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2015 at 1:27pm
I was in the Camp Nou for the Barca v Atletico game last season and the only time there was noise was after Barca scored. The locals are too used to being entertained. There was a bit of singing at other times but it wasn't the raucous atmosphere you'd expect for a game of that magnitude.

Then again, if they'd scored at the end, I reckon the place would still have exploded.
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2015 at 1:42pm
I didn't like Croke Park. It just felt like a concrete block. There wasn't many distinguishing features about it. It had the look of a modern stadium but without the benefits of one.

I'm not a fan of new LR. It's very hard to exit the place after a game and not enough toilets.
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2015 at 1:42pm
The Allianz Arena, Munich. 

A bland bowl that has no distinguishing features whatsoever and a sh*t camera position. 
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2015 at 1:42pm
Camp Nou is a sh*thole to be fair.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic