You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - ****Meetup Pub before Poland game - Slatterys*****
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

****Meetup Pub before Poland game - Slatterys*****

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2015 at 10:11am
first proper match lads, great oul spot, will be plenty more to come from Slatterys as was first official meetupThumbs Up
Sponsored Links

irish boogie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish boogie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2015 at 10:24am
Was great atmosphere and a good spot to meet up , is it €5.50 for a pint all the time or is it only match days ?
Thank You Torun and Tyskie
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2015 at 11:53am
6 Euro for a Smithwicks IPA in a plastic glass - leave it out.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2015 at 12:33pm
Where was our reserved spot??

Had to stand at te stop of the stairs the whole time as only free space
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2015 at 12:34pm
Prices were alright at a tenner for two pints. Closer to the ground but a bit too loud inside for this oul fella!
Should've left a bit earlier as we got caught in that heavy rain shower.

Went around to Scruffy's first as we parked close to there and it was very quiet. It's cost them a fortune losing us on match days.
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2015 at 2:12pm
Decent spot once they sort the price of a beer out
Doyler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
AKA James McCarthy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doyler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2015 at 4:08pm
Enjoyed my 5 minute cameo appearance as got to see a few familiar faces and have a laugh but it is seriously small in there, no room to turn around inside. Few I was chattin to yesterday were saying they thought Scruffy's was the perfect spot for our meet ups. Plus it's out of the way a bit so most of the people ya meet there is a member on here, whereas slatts is close to the ground so will be loads of random people in there for handiness to the ground rather than a YBIG meet up. Bring back Scruffy's, and there cheaper drinks on matchdays, with real glasses.
Look at these scenes, just look at these scenes!

"it's too strong lads!"
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2015 at 4:28pm
I like it...sorted the music out instead of that dance sh*te they used to play. 5er a pint would be more than enough though
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2015 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by Doyler Doyler wrote:

Enjoyed my 5 minute cameo appearance as got to see a few familiar faces and have a laugh but it is seriously small in there, no room to turn around inside. Few I was chattin to yesterday were saying they thought Scruffy's was the perfect spot for our meet ups. Plus it's out of the way a bit so most of the people ya meet there is a member on here, whereas slatts is close to the ground so will be loads of random people in there for handiness to the ground rather than a YBIG meet up. Bring back Scruffy's, and there cheaper drinks on matchdays, with real glasses.

real glasses so you can pour your takeaway cans into
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
BohemianGigolo View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohemianGigolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2015 at 8:22pm
The barge could be a nice place for the games vs England and Scotland but a bit to far for some people I could imagine
Paka View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2015 at 9:27pm
First time drinking at a YBIG spot before the game, atmosphere was impressive! Fairplay lads!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic