You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UK Politics Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 533534535
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5 hours 45 minutes ago at 9:00am
Originally posted by Mush Cassidys Donkey Mush Cassidys Donkey wrote:

Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Corbyn made a rod for his own back many times. Had he capitalised after 2017 when he had the chance he would have made a difference, but instead Salisbury happened and guess what, he failed that test. He was also incapable of handling the Brexit issue which was the exclusive issue of the day. Remainers and leavers couldn’t trust him, and hence why he fell between two stools. Corbyn played a role in his own downfall as leader of the LP.

f**k me the Tory Boy strikes again LOLLOL

The Donkey hurling from the ditch again. Just insults. Nothing of substance.
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5 hours 31 minutes ago at 9:14am

Corbyn made a rod for his own back many times. Had he capitalised after 2017 when he had the chance he would have made a difference, but instead Salisbury happened and guess what, he failed that test. He was also incapable of handling the Brexit issue which was the exclusive issue of the day. Remainers and leavers couldn’t trust him, and hence why he fell between two stools. Corbyn played a role in his own downfall as leader of the LP.

😂😂😂😂

This guy must have the IQ of a water melon. 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5 hours 25 minutes ago at 9:20am
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

😂😂😂😂

Given the views the donkey has expressed on the Ukraine thread it’s no wonder Corbyn lost, if that’s who is backing him.
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4 hours 49 minutes ago at 9:56am

Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

😂😂😂😂

Given the views the donkey has expressed on the Ukraine thread it’s no wonder Corbyn lost, if that’s who is backing him.
The same type of losers who'd chant at Yemen to attack civilian ships while dressed as a terrorist.

Edited by eireland - 56 minutes ago at 1:49pm
notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4 hours 11 minutes ago at 10:34am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

He does have a bit of a point in this instance though. All of this contributed to what happened to Corbyn as well as him being seen not to be hard enough on Anti-semitism in the Labour party. 

the antisemitism stuff was ridiculous though, the Forde report highlighted the total disunity in the party and how it was used as a factional weapon (by both the centre-right of Labour and Corbyn supporters). The lack of focus on the islamophobia reports within the Tories (and Labour) highlights to me how it was a stick to beat Corbyn with, not something that many within Labour (or the wider UK press) actually cared about fixing.

Corbyn lacked political nous as leader I think but I don't think someone like him was ever going to be allowed make any missteps. He had to be the perfect leader and even then they'd have gunned for him. But he wasn't the perfect leader and it fell apart. 

Labour's problem is the supposed values of the party and their membership versus the centrist/right wing parliamentary party. You can see it with the reports that the NEC deselecting left wing candidates. Starmer is someone that could have bridged that gap between the left and right of the party if he wanted to, but instead he has pandered to the right and positioned himself as a "sensible" option for the press. 

The Tories are just all over the place so he had a chance to make the alternative into anything he wanted really, and what he has chosen to do while leader tells you everything you need to know about what sort of PM he will be imo.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3 hours 60 minutes ago at 10:45am
On the Anti-semitism, yes the right wing press were always going to make it to be far bigger than it was. But it did exist and Corbyn could have been stronger on it but wasn't and didn't and it cost him. 
On the Islamaphobia which exists, trying to induldge in whataboutery like above is also partly what cost Labour.

I very much agree on Starmer - I'll be holding my nose while voting for Labour next time. 

Edited by Borussia - 3 hours 58 minutes ago at 10:47am
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3 hours 47 minutes ago at 10:58am

On the Anti-semitism, yes the right wing press were always going to make it to be far bigger than it was. But it did exist and Corbyn could have been stronger on it but wasn't and didn't and it cost him. 
On the Islamaphobia which exists, trying to induldge in whataboutery like above is also partly what cost Labour.

I very much agree on Starmer - I'll be holding my nose while voting for Labour next time. 

I'm not really saying it as a "whataboutery", I meant it as both issues are not really something those that gunned for Corbyn care about fixing, more a useful thing to beat him with and now that he's gone, job done

I absolutely agree he failed on it though, like I said he didn't have political nous generally as leader and I think he failed to see what was happening and failed to take a strong enough position on it
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3 hours 45 minutes ago at 11:00am
Which was akin to his response on Brexit.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3 hours 44 minutes ago at 11:01am
Originally posted by notpropaganda73 notpropaganda73 wrote:

I'm not really saying it as a "whataboutery", I meant it as both issues are not really something those that gunned for Corbyn care about fixing, more a useful thing to beat him with and now that he's gone, job done

I absolutely agree he failed on it though, like I said he didn't have political nous generally as leader and I think he failed to see what was happening and failed to take a strong enough position on it

Ah, I get you now.
I just feel myself if he did make a more meaningful effort to tackle whatever level of anti-semitism that existed then it would easily have taken awake one of the sticks being used to beat him. Those doing it would most likely have found another but that's a different point.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3 hours 40 minutes ago at 11:05am

Originally posted by notpropaganda73 notpropaganda73 wrote:

Ah, I get you now.
I just feel myself if he did make a more meaningful effort to tackle whatever level of anti-semitism that existed then it would easily have taken awake one of the sticks being used to beat him. Those doing it would most likely have found another but that's a different point.

definitely agree on that, could have been an easy win for him in many ways but he was pretty naive in how he dealt with it
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1 hour 33 minutes ago at 1:12pm
Corbyn was always on a hiding to nothing. The anti-semitism stuff was exaggerated but used as a stick to beat him with, likewise his dithering on Brexit, which he supported, was a massive own goal. He was not a natural leader, he had a long history of voting against his own party and he appointed ideologues of dubious merit to key positions. In keeping with the gesture politics he had espoused throughout his political career, he welcomed back into the party members of Trotskyist sects who had been expelled previously for infiltrating the party with the objective of splitting and damaging it as much as possible. All of which led to a wipe-out at the polls and forced Labour into a complete re-set. It was clear that further years in the wilderness were what they faced without one. Starmer seems to be trying to position himself as a latter day Tony Blair without the charisma but truth is they don’t have to do much at the moment other than watch the non-stop clown show that has driven the vast bulk of the electorate away from the Tories. We’ll see what present day Labour actually stand for when their election manifesto materialises.
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 53 minutes ago at 1:52pm

Can I ask why anti Semitism is used to describe hatred towards Jews when a semite could be Arab for example. Surely anti Judaism or judeaphobia or another term should be used? 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 533534535
  Share Topic