You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Better Call Saul

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2022 at 10:15am
Originally posted by B6 6HE B6 6HE wrote:

Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Only watched two seasons of Breaking Bad, I think, before calling it quits. Must give it another go but the sheer material of stuff to get through including this and El Camino is a bit daunting. Hear this is supposed to be brilliant, though. Remember when this was announced thinking it was amazing Saul got his own show as I didn't think the actor or character was strong enough to pull it off.

Skip El Camino. Its boring.

It was alright.  Was a bit hard to look at the characters all older and fatter (Todd) compared to season 5 but when you look past that u thought it gave a nice little send off for Jessie
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2022 at 10:32pm

Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Found the finale a bit underwhelming to be honest. His decision to throw it all away for nothing just lacked any real logic.

I kind of sat there staring at the credits like I did at the end of the Sopranos for 2-3 minutes, thinking, was that f**king it? LOL

Agreed. 

Made no sense  

Nor did the original reduction to 7 years.

And especially his 'respect ' in prison. 

A guy like Saul would be eaten alive in a maximum security prison

He threw it away to save Kim, who he was about to throw under a bus to save himself a bugger sentence. Kim gets word and shows up to see what bother she's in, he sees her and can't go through with it. 

7 years was as they were afraid he'd persuade a jury, and whatever dirt he fed them 

The respect was as he would have represented their mates and people like them, worked with and for criminals and dodgy f**kers others wouldn't have gone near 

I enjoyed it 

Kim.had already confessed in writing. 

when he had them to 7 years I tought that's what he'd do and we'd get a CODA at the end "10 years later " and see him back at what he does best - ambulance chasing lawyer ...

So I was a bit disappointed with that ending, even though it is a closure ending, him back as a lawyer just leaves it open to endless seasons/spinoiffs etc.

But let's be honest, Saul would not have passed on that 7 year sentence - for 80+ years ... in the worst max security hellhole - no f*cking way.

Should have made it so, there never was a 7 year deal ....

Yeah but they said in it her confession alone wouldn't be enough, needed Jiimmy to back it up. Was also into the Hamlin bit, nothing else. He was about to throw her under the bus and get her in jail. 

Point was despite having warped morals and money chasing fhe whole way through, he couldn't do it to Kim. 

Edited by nvidic - 19 Aug 2022 at 10:33pm
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2022 at 12:05pm
I lost interest in this a bit around series 3 and stopped watching it

Went back a few weeks ago and started watching where I'd left of, finished it at the weekend. 

What a show Clap

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
  Share Topic