Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mourinho to be sacked

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 303132
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

I couldn't read anymore after the bullsh*t intellectualisation of a bleedin manager getting the sack.  Serious self indulgent bollox.

Football managers are no longer mere people.

With the decline of religion, they are now our secular Gods. 

We invest them with all sorts of powers, we invest irrational belief in them. 

They are our messiahs, and when they prove to be false messiahs, we crucify them. 

The power and the trust we bestow on them is emblematic of the increasing sense of powerlessness that people in society feel. 

Man has always searched for meaning, and hundreds of thousands of years of human evolution have led us to the ultimate search for meaning - the football manager soap opera - the interviews, the press conferences, the rolled down car windows where we desperately hope our chosen one will reveal an exciting new possible transfer target, the tweets from unofficial "in the know" sources that a manager is about to sign a brilliant new player you've nnever heard of, the barbs, the refusal to shake hands with another manager at the end of a game, the annoyed look on a manager's face after a handshake, the search for thinly veiled discord between manager and star player. 

Football managers are the opium of the people. 

If this is true,then humanity is regressing quicker than even a cynical misanthrope like me thinks.
Sponsored Links

Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 3:35pm
Football is War, lads.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I couldn't read anymore after the bullsh*t intellectualisation of a bleedin manager getting the sack.  Serious self indulgent bollox.

Football managers are no longer mere people.

With the decline of religion, they are now our secular Gods. 

We invest them with all sorts of powers, we invest irrational belief in them. 

They are our messiahs, and when they prove to be false messiahs, we crucify them. 

The power and the trust we bestow on them is emblematic of the increasing sense of powerlessness that people in society feel. 

Man has always searched for meaning, and hundreds of thousands of years of human evolution have led us to the ultimate search for meaning - the football manager soap opera - the interviews, the press conferences, the rolled down car windows where we desperately hope our chosen one will reveal an exciting new possible transfer target, the tweets from unofficial "in the know" sources that a manager is about to sign a brilliant new player you've nnever heard of, the barbs, the refusal to shake hands with another manager at the end of a game, the annoyed look on a manager's face after a handshake, the search for thinly veiled discord between manager and star player. 

Football managers are the opium of the people. 

If this is true,then humanity is regressing quicker than even a cynical misanthrope like me thinks.
It is true. 

Even very smart, bright, clever people like me are obsessed with the idea of reaching that glorious, heavenly moment when they can proclaim the undisputed superiority of their chosen secular God over somebody's else's chosen secular God, so they can say something like "I told you Klopp was better than Mourinho, you fooking gobshlte, Mourinho is fooking finished, anybody could have seen that, at least anybody who knows anything about football, which doesn't include you, nyaaah na na nyaaah nyah!". 

It is man's absolute search for truth. 

Women tend to not give a sh*t about this sort of thing, and who can blame them.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 3:42pm
I never even knew I was a woman!
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I never even knew I was a woman!
You'll have to wait for Trans-fer Deadline Day, when you see a Stoke City supporter shoving a dildo into the head of a Sky Sports News reporter outside the Britannia Stadium, to realise that. 
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 3:45pm

Women tend to not give a sh*t about this sort of thing, and who can blame them.
Jaysus don't even start trying to imagine what women think about LOL
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 4:00pm

LOLThat’s Early down to a T. Can’t read his articles at all
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 303132
  Share Topic