Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

'Signing' three players for Ireland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2014 at 4:03pm
Would O Brien be paying the wages
Sponsored Links

Doyler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
AKA James McCarthy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doyler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2014 at 4:03pm
Karl Poborsky
Stephanie Roche
Joe Gormley
Look at these scenes, just look at these scenes!

"it's too strong lads!"
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2014 at 4:05pm
Poborsky is in talks with Cork City.
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2014 at 4:31pm
If we're going somewhat realistic and not 'oh we'll sign messi ronaldo' etc i'd go...

Nemanja Matic (we're crying out for a player like that who can stifle danger men)
Luke Shaw (plenty of years left on the clock, solid at the back and going forward, instantly solves our left back problem)
Mario Mandzukic (great physical presence up front and a prolific goalscorer)

i think those are the type of players we'd need most. we haven't been let down by our goalkeepers recently, our centre-backs are solid if unspectacular, and we're well stocked with wingers. Matic would allow us a bit of breathing room in midfield and give mccarthy a bit more freedom (seeing as he hasn't set the world alight in a green jersey so far) Mandzukic would be perfectly capable of playing up front on his own, he bullied us in Poznan in 2012 and put on a great performance, and would guarantee a decent haul of goals. The need for a left-back is clear
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2014 at 4:33pm
Its as realistic for Ireland to sign Azpilicueta, De Gea, Matic, Shaw and Mandzukic as it is Messi or Ronaldo surely

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 02 Dec 2014 at 4:33pm
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2014 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Its as realistic for Ireland to sign Azpilicueta, De Gea, Matic, Shaw and Mandzukic as it is Messi or Ronaldo surely

well yeah, and equally as realistic that they could sign Titus Bramble or Emile Heskey as none of them are irish. realistic is probably the wrong word to be fair, just not saying we'd sign the players on the shortlist for the Ballon d'Or basically
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Killer K View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Killer K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2014 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

If we're going somewhat realistic and not 'oh we'll sign messi ronaldo' etc i'd go...

Nemanja Matic (we're crying out for a player like that who can stifle danger men)
Luke Shaw (plenty of years left on the clock, solid at the back and going forward, instantly solves our left back problem)
Mario Mandzukic (great physical presence up front and a prolific goalscorer)

i think those are the type of players we'd need most. we haven't been let down by our goalkeepers recently, our centre-backs are solid if unspectacular, and we're well stocked with wingers. Matic would allow us a bit of breathing room in midfield and give mccarthy a bit more freedom (seeing as he hasn't set the world alight in a green jersey so far) Mandzukic would be perfectly capable of playing up front on his own, he bullied us in Poznan in 2012 and put on a great performance, and would guarantee a decent haul of goals. The need for a left-back is clear

I get what you are saying and that is what I was originally thinking. Maybe not the three best players in the world but three players we could really do with in terms of improving the team and that our existing players would compliment. I think a Mandzukic type player would make a massive difference however I would have an Isco/fabregas/Alonso type player ahead of matic. We have a few Matic lights at the moment who would be better if they had a tempo controlling player beside them.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2014 at 5:31pm
If we are being realistic;
Hot Shot Hamish- Guaranteed goals and imagine how pissed off the Scots would be then.
Billy the Fish: A far better option in nets than we currently have andwould get the best out of Sammon
Danny Kidd: the wheelchair wonder had a short career but was superb at his peak. If he did well, we could laugh at the Sunday World's hypocrisy as wheelchair pun headlines become the norm
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2014 at 6:15pm
Ha I did say quasi-realistic
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
The U View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The U Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2014 at 6:22pm
Messi
Pogba
Verratti
devondudley View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote devondudley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2014 at 6:43pm
kevin nolan 
jamie o hara
mark noble 

Hug
But fumble in a greasy till

And add the halfpence to the pence

And pray to shivering prayer, until

You have dried the marrow from the bone.

W. B. Yeats, September 1913
Killer K View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Killer K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2014 at 9:36pm
Originally posted by devondudley devondudley wrote:

kevin nolan 
jamie o hara
mark noble 

Hug

I had to do a Google search on Jamie o'Hara to see where he is now! Blackpool and not playing much football by the looks of it. Shame as he was very promising.
Zico View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2014 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by Killer K Killer K wrote:

kevin nolan 
jamie o hara
mark noble 

Hug

I had to do a Google search on Jamie o'Hara to see where he is now! Blackpool and not playing much football by the looks of it. Shame as he was very promising.

Too busy counting how many of the Spurs players and staff rattled his missues.

SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2014 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by MJD MJD wrote:

Originally posted by SByrne24 SByrne24 wrote:

I'm going to for lads who could actually play for us, yet for various reasons haven't.

In centre back i think we've enough of experience to get us  through most games, was considering Curtis Davies but i've went for Kyle Naughton for left back. Although i believe Miley will be playing there anyway in games to come.

CM- Mark Noble - Experienced, calm collected, would be an excellent partner for McCarthy.

ST- Harry Kane or Wickham a big target man who can actually do something.

LOL Have you seen Kyle Naughton play? He's one of the worst players in the division!

He's better then Stephen Ward.
Stillhuntinghenry View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2014 at 10:00pm
Stephen Ireland
James McCarthy
Joey obrien
"Not one cent" - RTID on Mark Quigley's pay-off from Shamrock
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2014 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by Zico Zico wrote:

kevin nolan 
jamie o hara
mark noble 

Hug

LOL I'll never understand how he married her after that, she was passed around that dressing room like currency
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2014 at 1:14am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Originally posted by Zico Zico wrote:

kevin nolan 
jamie o hara
mark noble 

Hug

LOL I'll never understand how he married her after that, she was passed around that dressing room like currency

He 'loved' her Embarrassed
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic