You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FAI Finances thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 171819
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 1:19pm
Maybe I'm just over reacting, but your "Shame on you, shame on you" post came across preachy. Maybe I'm becoming a snowflake in my old age. Absolutely hats off to call out JD 6 years ago, it was far before I was calling it out. 

And no, I'm not defending "these people" Baldrick
Sponsored Links

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Maybe I'm just over reacting, but your "Shame on you, shame on you" post came across preachy. Maybe I'm becoming a snowflake in my old age. Absolutely hats off to call out JD 6 years ago, it was far before I was calling it out. 

Still don’t get your point.  All the people he said shame on them he was dead right to say it and shame on them is right.  

I would agree with you if he was calling out Ireland fans who did nothing and just attended the matches but he didn’t.  He just said shame on you to the board members and the fans who verbally abused other fans for highlighting these issues.   So I am with GG and I am sure most Irish fans are in saying Shame on you to
Them.  

6 years ago was still more than two thirds into the reign.  Some
On here and beyond were calling him out long before this.  Mark Tighe made reference to 2007 and San Marino when the rise Delaney banners were unveiled.  I Am not sure they were the first. Many followers who also followed the league were suspicious long before that.  

Edited by Baldrick - 14 Oct 2020 at 1:26pm
AKA pedantic kunt
greengooner View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greengooner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Still don’t get your point.  All the people he said shame on them he was dead right to say it and shame on them is right.  

I would agree with you if he was calling out Ireland fans who did nothing and just attended the matches but he didn’t.  He just said shame on you to the board members and the fans who verbally abused other fans for highlighting these issues.   So I am with GG and I am sure most Irish fans are in saying Shame on you to
Them.  

6 years ago was still more than two thirds into the reign.  Some
On here and beyond were calling him out long before this.  Mark Tighe made reference to 2007 and San Marino when the rise Delaney banners were unveiled.  I Am not sure they were the first. Many followers who also followed the league were suspicious long before that.  
Baldrick, you're absolutely right. 

Both Bunny and I and others only started discussing the finances thread in 2014, and it was well known in irish footballing circles that all was not right within the FAI and across football in Ireland.

there are many others who deserve mention for being brave enough to raise questions/criticisms of JDFAI before us and i want to thank them too.

Shedite- thanks for the clarification but just to clarify - calling Shame on someone is not preachy -its the only thing I feel that genuine irish fans can do at this point. Cry shame! We're truly impotent in this matter, despite knowing what we all now know.

That said I am of the strong belief that there will be no court actions into the future, even though there is overwhelming evidence of financial irregularities.  This matter is now dead AFAIC. I really do hope i'm wrong however, but recent court nonsense gives me little hope that there will be proper accountability enforced.

The FAI has been saved by us the taxpayer and hopefully the new governance structure will never facilitate the rise of such an individual again, or the mismanagement of a game we all love.

Edited by greengooner - 14 Oct 2020 at 1:45pm
Platini are you listening
You'd better keep your trophy glistening
Cos we'll be over next year
To drink all your beer,
Walking in an Irish Wonderland.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 2:15pm
The unfortunate thing about football is that it reflects society. As football, and society, becomes more and more about vulture capitalism, it would be a huge surprise if more and more John Delaneys aren't trying to worm their way in as we speak.
I hope the regulations are put in place to make it more difficult, but I feel until there is real change that it's inevitable. 
greengooner View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greengooner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

The unfortunate thing about football is that it reflects society. As football, and society, becomes more and more about vulture capitalism, it would be a huge surprise if more and more John Delaneys aren't trying to worm their way in as we speak.
I hope the regulations are put in place to make it more difficult, but I feel until there is real change that it's inevitable. 
TBH Pre, if another Delaney shows up at the FAI, then shame on everyone of us.

we've seen what has happened. 

It's up to decent people to ensure that this kind of thing NEVER HAPPENS AGAIN!!

thankfully with the Internet and international media, there are now journalists beyond the reach/influence of the blazers/FAI/politicians to ensure the boat is not rocked. 

This is a healthy development as it gives avenues to voice concerns that otherwise wouldn't be there.

That aside, it's up to us, the fans to keep an eye and raise concerns when necessary.

Clap
Platini are you listening
You'd better keep your trophy glistening
Cos we'll be over next year
To drink all your beer,
Walking in an Irish Wonderland.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 2:57pm
I agree that it won't be another Delaney. Next time it will be someone who appears more competent, is more eloquent and the destruction more subtle. More Coveney or Varadkar than gombeen FF man. More Hank Scorpio than Lyle Lanley.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 3:09pm
 This fella from England that is supposed to be the new CEO is a Delaney stooge
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 171819
  Share Topic