You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : YouBoysInGreen Fanzine : Feedback/Ideas
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Quote posting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Quote posting
    Posted: 05 Sep 2014 at 5:19pm
Why do some posters here have to constantly qoute and requote other posts (including their own 3 or 4 replies in a conversation? One conversation last week in the ROTW section had over a dozen re-qoutes! Right PITA if reading on a phone. One re-quote of the last post is enough. If people want to read more they can easily scroll back up.

Can the software be tweaked so that only the last post can be quoted? I've seen it done on other sites.
Sponsored Links

Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2014 at 8:53pm
The only time a poster should need to quote another post, is if the post he is referring to is a page or 2 back. There is no real need to qoute posts on the same page or especially people who quote posts that have been made only a minute beforehand and sit right above the quoted post on the thread. People should be banned for it.

"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2014 at 8:21am
can be done, but like hans says above its neccessary aswell.  Do a poll and let the people speak, will get rid then if needs be Thumbs Up
EastStandMan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

I am Shamrock Rovers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EastStandMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2014 at 10:10am
Makes me pass through the " quote overkill " post as its a waste of time to re-read the content . 
Shamrock Rovers - lovin the buzz .
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2014 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by The Count The Count wrote:

can be done, but like hans says above its neccessary aswell.  Do a poll and let the people speak, will get rid then if needs be Thumbs Up

Just to like to say - I have just quoted a post right above me in another thread. I must be getting the disease from on ybig LOL

It's the posts with 8/10 different quotes in them that are absolutely terrible though.  If you really need to quote, edit out all the other rubbish or something!!

Also, why not to just respond to a poster by saying @hans for e.g. unless there's a really specific part of the post that needs to be adressed!!

Just some of the stuff that grinds my gears Angry

"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Stillhuntinghenry View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2014 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Just to like to say - I have just quoted a post right above me in another thread. I must be getting the disease from on ybig LOL

It's the posts with 8/10 different quotes in them that are absolutely terrible though.  If you really need to quote, edit out all the other rubbish or something!!

Also, why not to just respond to a poster by saying @hans for e.g. unless there's a really specific part of the post that needs to be adressed!!

What's this thread all about ?
"Not one cent" - RTID on Mark Quigley's pay-off from Shamrock
Jackthelad View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It's OUR year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackthelad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2014 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by Stillhuntinghenry Stillhuntinghenry wrote:

Was going to ask the same thing.
Oh Poland we loved you.....
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2014 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by Jackthelad Jackthelad wrote:

Multi quoting is a mare though
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2014 at 10:59pm

Ah lads, give it up.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2014 at 11:10pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Ah lads, give it up.

Apologies
Jackthelad View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It's OUR year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackthelad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2014 at 11:11pm

Ah lads, give it up.

Apologies

+1
Oh Poland we loved you.....
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2014 at 1:02am
Ye bolloxes LOL
colmoc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
serious foot fetish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colmoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2014 at 9:25pm

Ah lads, give it up.

Apologies

+1
Stevie wonder seen this coming
The U View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The U Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2014 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by colmoc colmoc wrote:

Ah lads, give it up.

Apologies

+1
Stevie wonder seen this coming

when will the count change my name?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic