You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Oneplus Phones

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2020 at 11:45pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

i got my phone for free with Tesco Mobile at 40 a month for 2 yrs.
You didnt get it for free my man... compare your current plan to their sim only p/m and then you’ll know what youre paying for the phone monthly and over the term of the plan.

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2020 at 12:16am
Well yeah but it beats having to fork out 500 up front
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2020 at 12:31am

Well yeah but it beats having to fork out 500 up front
Honestly used to think that too, then when something goes wrong, you’re tied to the network. I Remember the last phone I got on contract was aniPhone, and it worked out I would end up paying a few hundred more over the term of the contract than if I bought the phone outright direct from Apple. Anyway, Different strokes and all that.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2020 at 8:06am

i got my phone for free with Tesco Mobile at 40 a month for 2 yrs.

Tenner a month with 48 for everything, so effectively you've spent €720 on the phone 
Gigibongi33 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gigibongi33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2020 at 9:58am
Been using Xiaomi phones for the last 2 and a half years. Currently have the Redmi note8. Very similar to Samsung but a fraction of the price. Sim free from around €150. Have a look on eglobalcentral.eu 
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2020 at 12:24pm
Back using the iPhone for the first time in about 7 years and it's just a far better phone to any Android ones I've used (Samsung, One Plus, Xioami, HTC, etc). Bought it refurbished from these guys in Maynooth and the phone was excellent. Have been using it for about 6 months now and no issues:

You get fairly new phones at nearly half the price from them. Might be worth considering Sham when looking for your next one
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2020 at 2:01pm
Cheers Gaz, will check them out but zero interest in going back to an iPhone. 
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2020 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Cheers Gaz, will check them out but zero interest in going back to an iPhone. 

Yeah they do the lot afaik so you should find something there that suits you
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2020 at 2:36pm
The buzz of smart phones is gone imo, when they first came out they were great. And as the years went one new stuff was added. But now its the same old same old. Camera a little better, battery a little better than before. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2020 at 4:13pm
Good battery and good camera quality and big memory are the things you need

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2020 at 4:28pm
I love the way my ads on social media are all dominated by mobile phones now that I have contributed to this thread. Ermm

whitesideOnside View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitesideOnside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2020 at 9:28pm
Have the OnePlus 5 for last 2.5 years after reading the recommendation on here. Still working superbly, though the battery is beginning to drop a bit quicker. Very happy with it.
Might upgrade later in the year. Will either go with the Oneplus Nord or possibly the cheaper Pixel 4A.
It'll be very hard to beat the OnePlus but possibly the camera on the pixel4a might be tempting.
I have an iPhone with work; wouldn't be tempted to switch to it for personal use, though they do run smoothly.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2020 at 7:36pm
went for the OnePlus Nord. Cracking phone and camera is excellent. Battery easily lasts two days most of the time including when I use it as a hotspot. 

Few silly little things annoyed me initially though, no notification light anymore so have to tap the screen or unlock to see if there are any messages etc. They have also merged the ring volume with the notification alert volume. So the phone rings a lot louder than the alert for a txt message. Overall though, very happy and at €409 tis a great piece of kit for the spec and if I keep it as long as the 3 I had, will prove to be excellent value.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitesideOnside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 8:14pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

went for the OnePlus Nord. Cracking phone and camera is excellent. Battery easily lasts two days most of the time including when I use it as a hotspot. 

Few silly little things annoyed me initially though, no notification light anymore so have to tap the screen or unlock to see if there are any messages etc. They have also merged the ring volume with the notification alert volume. So the phone rings a lot louder than the alert for a txt message. Overall though, very happy and at €409 tis a great piece of kit for the spec and if I keep it as long as the 3 I had, will prove to be excellent value.
Ah dang, the notification light was a great feature reminiscent of the old Nokia phones. 
Do you use Android Auto?
The connection on the cable is temperamental on the OnePlus 5.
I hope the Nord connection might be a bit more reliable.
I am assuming the Pixel 4A would be good on this point, so if the Nord is poor it may away my decision.
The OnePlus phone are superb for the price though.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2020 at 3:52pm
No dont use Android Auto. 

Other than the issues i mentioned. Delighted with it. Sturdy phone.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitesideOnside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2020 at 1:21pm
Cheers Sham. I'll keep this OnePlus 5 going for another while anyway.
It's working away brilliantly except for those Auto connections band that may not even be the phones fault.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic