You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ryan Turdbridy/RTÉ Scandal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2023 at 12:44pm
Reminds Me of the Box Office Show that was the FAI investigations.

Alot of shouting by politicans tryna win votes, grabbing for headlines, People step down, lessons are learnt , everyones backs covered, lessons are learnt and no one is found culpible.

and a reminder that John Delaney has still not gone to trial over the FAI fiasco

Depressing country to live in sometimes

Edited by OohAah... - 14 Jul 2023 at 12:45pm
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2023 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by OohAah... OohAah... wrote:

and a reminder that John Delaney has still not gone to trial over the FAI fiasco

No point really. Even if he was found guilty he'd only get a suspended sentence.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2023 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by OohAah... OohAah... wrote:

Reminds Me of the Box Office Show that was the FAI investigations.

Alot of shouting by politicans tryna win votes, grabbing for headlines, People step down, lessons are learnt , everyones backs covered, lessons are learnt and no one is found culpible.

Depressing country to live in sometimes
What crime would you have expected anyone to go on trial for with FAI or RTE fiasco? What act do you think was illegal? 
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2023 at 3:08pm
There are certainly grounds for JD to be prosecuted ffs. There's a bloody trial in process...eventually.
It would damage this forums' reputation
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2023 at 11:45am
I know there is grounds for JD to be proscuted, my point is, it still hasnt happened. These lads can hide out playing the legal game, It loses pubic interest. The whole thing can get thrown out of somehting minor. and everyone moves on and the tax payer picks up the legal fees
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2023 at 1:34pm
I was replying to Shedite, not you Ohh Ahh Thumbs Up
It would damage this forums' reputation
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2023 at 4:21pm
Spotted him in clifden yesterday 
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2023 at 8:51am
Tubs all set to return to RTE for 170k pa then makes a statement which effectively still disputes the hidden payments so Bakhurst pulls the plug on the deal LOL what a clown 
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2023 at 9:49am
Will he take over the James Corden gig in the US?

Heard on the radio yesterday that they are cutting the length of the late late show from 2 hours to hour and a half, and still have the same amount of adverts in that time.
The dark side.. And the light
KING-CON View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KING-CON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2023 at 9:51am
Daddy, why is the toy man on the news again? 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2023 at 9:55am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Tubs all set to return to RTE for 170k pa then makes a statement which effectively still disputes the hidden payments so Bakhurst pulls the plug on the deal LOL what a clown 

I'm sure another 330k dressed up in other complex hidden payments.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2023 at 10:01am
I bet he regrets taking advise years ago to operate as a contractor rather than an employee now.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2023 at 11:10am
I bet he regrets ever hiring Noel Kelly as his agent. Kelly was almost certainly behind the press release a couple of days ago that finished him off at RTE also.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2023 at 11:15am
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

I bet he regrets ever hiring Noel Kelly as his agent. Kelly was almost certainly behind the press release a couple of days ago that finished him off at RTE also.

I doubt he does given the contracts he has negotiated for him in the past. 
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2023 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

I bet he regrets taking advise years ago to operate as a contractor rather than an employee now.
Doubt employee was ever on the table for him. RTE wants most of their presenters to contracts, given they can fall out of flavour just as fast as they become flavour of the month
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
  Share Topic