You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Trap Juniors Musings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 697071
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2024 at 7:08pm
See Matt Doherty was on First Dates the other night.

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2024 at 11:56pm
How come planes didnt have winglets before say 2010 or whenever it was they came in.

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2024 at 5:48pm
Banning cars from streets in the city is actually a bad idea. Discuss.
O'Connell St. is eerie without cars at night and even during the day loses a bit of buzz due to the lack of cars.  Cars bring a sense of hustle and bustle  which cities need. I hear that cars wont be able to go down the Quays soon.  What's the point of that?  Cars have to go somewhere. Might as well be on the roads. 

razzmatazaz View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2024 at 5:55pm
Sometimes I see pictures of what Irish towns and cities looked like a hundred odd years ago. They looked way better than they do now. Elegant architecture, clean looking, clearly well thought out. What happened? Irish towns and cities are, mostly, kips now.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2024 at 6:30pm
The whole of Dublin is just one big building site. From the Malahide road all the way into town on the bus - abandoned road works. The place is an absolute disgrace.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2024 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by razzmatazaz razzmatazaz wrote:

Sometimes I see pictures of what Irish towns and cities looked like a hundred odd years ago. They looked way better than they do now. Elegant architecture, clean looking, clearly well thought out. What happened? Irish towns and cities are, mostly, kips now.

You should see Eyre Square in Galway around 1900. Looked like Merrion Sq. Railings around it and nice lawns and flower beds.

They spent 6 million + on it in 2005.   Its a kip now.

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 10:29am

Dublin City Council.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 10:49am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

O'Connell St. is eerie without cars at night and even during the day loses a bit of buzz due to the lack of cars.  Cars bring a sense of hustle and bustle  which cities need. I hear that cars wont be able to go down the Quays soon.  What's the point of that?  Cars have to go somewhere. Might as well be on the roads. 

Capel street is brilliant since it’s been pedestrianised. We need more of that. Other cities have beautiful open plazas. Dame street from Dublin castle to Trinity could be our equivalent. 
El Puto Amo
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 11:12am
Smithfield is like that - the place is an absolute kip, rubbish all over the place, homeless and beggars everywhere. 

We can't have nice things.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
ButtySugrue View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ButtySugrue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 11:14am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Smithfield is like that - the place is an absolute kip, rubbish all over the place, homeless and beggars everywhere. 

You've just described Dublin
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 11:20am
I'd much rather live in Dublin that outside it.

For all it's faults - it's still a lot better than most other places.
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 11:20am
The amount of rubbish dumped on the side of the road every time I commute makes me want to cry as well. It's embarrassing. Remember a British guy who was cycling through Ireland commenting on what a shame it was as it blights the scenery.
ButtySugrue View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ButtySugrue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 11:21am

The amount of rubbish dumped on the side of the road every time I commute makes me want to cry as well. It's embarrassing. Remember a British guy who was cycling through Ireland commenting on what a shame it was as it blights the scenery.

That's from the Dubs flytippng 
Comhar, Cabhair, Cairdeas
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 11:21am
Privatizing rubbish collections and not funding the councils to extent we should have us in this exact position. 

LP tax should’ve went up but the councilors themselves voted it down. 
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 11:22am

Could you compare the rubbish dumped to an obscure celebrities face? I’d say that’d funny 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 11:24am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Capel street is brilliant since it’s been pedestrianised. We need more of that. Other cities have beautiful open plazas. Dame street from Dublin castle to Trinity could be our equivalent. 

You think so?  Was on it recently enough and thought it had become dead.  Maybe in summer its better.

If they totally ban cars from College Green as well it would be a shame. 

Going back to Eyre Sq. Int he 90s it was a hive of activity.  Since they pedestrianised half of it in 2005 its now this soulless kip on one side and a load of shops closed down on that side due to the decreased footfall.

Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 11:26am
Originally posted by ButtySugrue ButtySugrue wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

You've just described Dublin
Yet you moved to Dublin?
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 11:28am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Could you compare the rubbish dumped to an obscure celebrities face? I’d say that’d funny 
Me fail English? That's unpossible!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 697071
  Share Topic