You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Irish property market

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 495051
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

My mortgage for a 4 bed in Dublin is 1k a month. Can be more than 2k a month to rent a 4 bed in Dublin anyway.

A lot more!! Be lucky to get away with €3k in South Dublin and City centre 
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 8:59pm
Wouldnt be overly familiar with cost of renting gaffs in Dublin but have seen a few in the D13 area 2k plus anyway.

bought in 2013 SS
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 8:59pm

My mortgage for a 4 bed in Dublin is 1k a month. Can be more than 2k a month to rent a 4 bed in Dublin anyway.
4 bed!!!! Well la di da Mr Frenchman 
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

4 bed!!!! Well la di da Mr Frenchman 

LOL
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 9:02pm

Wouldnt be overly familiar with cost of renting gaffs in Dublin but have seen a few in the D13 area 2k plus anyway.

bought in 2013 SS

Work in social housing support so would see the prices a bit, they're absolutely nuts at the minute, completely unaffordable for the majority

Saw a four bed for €6k recently in D18, albeit that was an outlier 
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 9:18pm
Dunno how anyone can buy a house in dublin county. You'd want a serious wedge or something from your folks. 
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Dunno how anyone can buy a house in dublin county. You'd want a serious wedge or something from your folks. 

The house prices in most major cities across the world are the same. It’s not going to get any easier.

Lots of foreign investors- The Chinese/Russian are huge investors in foreign real estate due to issues buying at home. The rental yields in Dublin are really good too. 

seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 9:53pm
I'm hoping covid wipes out the rental market in urban centres so all these investors get hung out to dry. Fair enough renting or two properties but large companies buying up loads of properties should be f**ked out of the market.
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2020 at 9:12am

The house next door to me in Firhouse was rented out last month at €2k pm (double what our mortgage is). The day it went up on daft there were viewings and the add was down within 24hrs.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2020 at 9:24am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Myself and Mrs Claret bought a plot of land in 2004 , i was 44 at the time . 

And she still hasn’t buried you in it yet 
AKA pedantic kunt
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2020 at 9:28am

Was just curious when people purchased. I'm 29 and have a permanent job with a decent wedge. Was looking this year at potential properties. Not sure how anyone could purchase a home on their own these days. 

Ftb mortgage and 10% deposit would probably need around 20-25k savings.

Almost impossible for a single person to buy a house in Dublin on their own without serious cash coming from their parents etc or they have a massive wave from their job.  

350,000 house requires a min deposit of 35K and average wage of approx 90K 
AKA pedantic kunt
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2020 at 11:49am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Was just curious when people purchased. I'm 29 and have a permanent job with a decent wedge. Was looking this year at potential properties. Not sure how anyone could purchase a home on their own these days. 

Ftb mortgage and 10% deposit would probably need around 20-25k savings.
Almost impossible for a single person to buy a house in Dublin on their own without serious cash coming from their parents etc or they have a massive wave from their job.  

350,000 house requires a min deposit of 35K and average wage of approx 90K 
Would ya not look at an apartment if you're just buying on your own? A house seems a bit of a waste of space unless you're planning on renting out rooms to supplement the mortgage? 

Houses in that price range need 2 incomes for most people unfortunately (unless as you say there's inheritance or whatever)
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2020 at 12:28pm
I wasn’t talking about myself.  

Just to  say 2 bed apartments are approx about 250k and more  in parts of Dublin 

That still requires a deposit of 25k and a wage or just under 65k. 

Edited by Baldrick - 16 Nov 2020 at 12:32pm
AKA pedantic kunt
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2020 at 12:47pm
When I was renting we were given our notice to move out as the landlord was selling. That happened 2 years in a row with different landlords.
No guarantee that you'll be able to stay long term.
and the term 'rent cheap' doesn't exist in Dublin. 
The dark side.. And the light
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2020 at 12:48pm
This is what Dublin needs ....

New Zealand's parliament has banned many foreigners from buying existing homes in the country - a move aimed at making properties more affordable.

The ban only applies to non-residents. Australians and Singaporeans are exempt because of free-trade deals.

New Zealand is facing a housing affordability crisis which has left home ownership out of reach for many.

Low interest rates, limited housing stock and immigration have driven up prices in recent years

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2020 at 1:30pm
we could only do this for non eu.  I would doubt we could do it for eu residents. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2020 at 2:21pm

Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Myself and Mrs Claret bought a plot of land in 2004 , i was 44 at the time . 

And she still hasn’t buried you in it yet 
The one word i worry about .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2020 at 2:30pm

we could only do this for non eu.  I would doubt we could do it for eu residents. 

The EU is broke so it would work out well.

The main foreign buyers of Irish properties would be American/ Chinese/ Russian and Brits! 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 495051
  Share Topic