You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gib Away- March 23 - Travel & Accomm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 220221222
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 9:20pm
Was on that Gateick flight as well . Looks like everyone got delayed on the way back
Sponsored Links

Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by Charlton's Child Charlton's Child wrote:

Was on that Gateick flight as well . Looks like everyone got delayed on the way back

Still struck on the runway two hours 40 after flight was due to take off... 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Stall them for another 20 mins Tony you could be quids in - remember door opens 3 hrs later than scheduled time 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Tyronebhoy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyronebhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 10:33pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

That's just extracting the urine big time. Nightmare
Northmen, Southmen, Comrades All
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 8:22am
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Our easyjet flight grom Gibraltar to Gatwick was delayed by 2 hours 15 minutes while they awaited an engineer to come from Malaga to examine a fault. Was a bit of a sweat in Gatwick to make my Cork flight but just got there in the end. 

I was on that, thought no way I was making the 15:45 to Dublin. Sprinted across the airport and was in a heap by the time I got to the gate but I made it, somehow!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 8:59am
Posted by mistake.

Edited by Drumcondra 69er - 26 Mar 2019 at 9:01am
rebel 88 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebel 88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 9:53pm
I was on the 15.15 British Airways flight back to heathrow,it was delayed for over 3 hours.I made a claim yesterday with them for the delay.I got a e-mail back today today,it said under EU law I am to get 400 euros compensation.Happy days.Anyone else on the flight get your claim in.There is a link on the BA website.If your flight is delayed for over 3 hours,and is over 1500 km your entitled to compensation.
Tyronebhoy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyronebhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by rebel 88 rebel 88 wrote:

I was on the 15.15 British Airways flight back to heathrow,it was delayed for over 3 hours.I made a claim yesterday with them for the delay.I got a e-mail back today today,it said under EU law I am to get 400 euros compensation.Happy days.Anyone else on the flight get your claim in.There is a link on the BA website.If your flight is delayed for over 3 hours,and is over 1500 km your entitled to compensation.

On that flight. Will do it at weekend, still wrecked from the Gibraltar-Dublin double header LOL
Northmen, Southmen, Comrades All
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 11:22pm
Aer Lingus rejected ours so I replied with some lawyering. Let's see if that works. I doubt it but feck it I may as well try. We were delayed almost three hours to door opening but we simply weren't able to leave the plane until over three hours had passed. The case law isn't perfectly clear on it so there's an argument at least.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 28 Mar 2019 at 11:23pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 11:33pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Aer Lingus rejected ours so I replied with some lawyering. Let's see if that works. I doubt it but feck it I may as well try. We were delayed almost three hours to door opening but we simply weren't able to leave the plane until over three hours had passed. The case law isn't perfectly clear on it so there's an argument at least.

I was wondering, hadn't got round to it yet. What exactly was their reply? Keep me posted. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 11:37pm
Dear SuperDave,

Thank you for contacting Aer Lingus.

I was sorry to learn your were affected by the disruption to Aer Lingus flight EI587 on March 25, 2019. Please accept my apologies on behalf of Aer Lingus.

The EI 587 was delayed because of issue with the pitch trim. The duration of delay is 2 hours and 55 minutes. This flight was delayed by less than 3 hours and thus Aer Lingus is not liable to pay compensation per Sturgeon and Others v Condor Flugdienst GmbH: ECJ 19 Nov 2009.

While we cannot accede to your request for EU compensation, it is our policy to reimburse guests for reasonable receipted out-of-pocket expenses as a result of the disruption to our maximum liability. Claims of a consequential nature such as lost wages, etc. unfortunately cannot be considered. In order to process you claim, please reply to this email and include as an attachment any receipts you may hold for out of pocket expenses incurred. Upon receipt, your claim will be priority processed.

Please do not reply directly to this email as it will delay handling of your case. To send us a reply or to update your case please click here. Please include your case number on all correspondence. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Guest relations

I replied with a letter setting out some more case law and stuff so we'll see what happens.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2019 at 9:23am
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Dear SuperDave,

Thank you for contacting Aer Lingus.

I was sorry to learn your were affected by the disruption to Aer Lingus flight EI587 on March 25, 2019. Please accept my apologies on behalf of Aer Lingus.

The EI 587 was delayed because of issue with the pitch trim. The duration of delay is 2 hours and 55 minutes. This flight was delayed by less than 3 hours and thus Aer Lingus is not liable to pay compensation per Sturgeon and Others v Condor Flugdienst GmbH: ECJ 19 Nov 2009.

While we cannot accede to your request for EU compensation, it is our policy to reimburse guests for reasonable receipted out-of-pocket expenses as a result of the disruption to our maximum liability. Claims of a consequential nature such as lost wages, etc. unfortunately cannot be considered. In order to process you claim, please reply to this email and include as an attachment any receipts you may hold for out of pocket expenses incurred. Upon receipt, your claim will be priority processed.

Please do not reply directly to this email as it will delay handling of your case. To send us a reply or to update your case please click here. Please include your case number on all correspondence. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Guest relations

I replied with a letter setting out some more case law and stuff so we'll see what happens.

Cheers. Should have got myself a taxi receipt at least! Let me know what they reply with.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2019 at 5:53pm
Rejected a second time by Aer Lingus. They directed me to the Commission for Aviation Regulation who directed me to the Spanish regulator. Filled in their form online but they say it might take up to four months to get back to me. Urgh.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 220221222
  Share Topic