You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ireland v Turkey May 25th

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 161718
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foggy.nelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2014 at 11:41am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

The friendly win contributed to us getting the second seed for this campaign, and the easier Euro play-off. All results stand for 5 years, whether you create 1 chance per game or 10.

It's not our fault we got the group we did. All we can do is make it as easy as possible, which is what we did. When Dino Zoff picks our ball out of the bowl is out of our hands. The current results though are doing a lot of damage to our seedings for the next two campaigns and beyond.

The bottom line is trying new players,tactics and systems has to take priority in friendlies over results because it's too risky trying these things in competitive games. 

Yes but also in the home games we need to be getting wins to attract fans, hopefully a few of the younger players will get game time in Craven Cottage and the US
Sponsored Links

rainpaulo View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rainpaulo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2014 at 11:45am

The friendly win contributed to us getting the second seed for this campaign, and the easier Euro play-off. All results stand for 5 years, whether you create 1 chance per game or 10.

It's not our fault we got the group we did. All we can do is make it as easy as possible, which is what we did. When Dino Zoff picks our ball out of the bowl is out of our hands. The current results though are doing a lot of damage to our seedings for the next two campaigns and beyond.

The bottom line is trying new players,tactics and systems has to take priority in friendlies over results because it's too risky trying these things in competitive games. 

What new players is he trying?

He did bring back Ward,Sammon and Cox mind.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2014 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by rainpaulo rainpaulo wrote:

What new players is he trying?

He did bring back Ward,Sammon and Cox mind.

I'm speaking in a general sense what the priority in friendlies should be. Personally I'm disappointed he brought Sammon back. I don't think think Ward has been as bad as some have made out and Cox to be fair has been played out of position on the wing. He's okay as a squad player if we're stuck. We're very short up front anyway. Murphy was one of the worst players I've ever seen come on as a sub. Your man John Daly couldn't have been worse and I'd probably try him over Sammon (though he is 31)
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2014 at 10:11pm
Good day out,nephews loved it,told the eldest lad if he does well in the junior cert i might bring him to an away game,shame about the result and the rain,my mate got a tracksuit top from the Turk who was warming up before he came on to score their 2nd.
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 161718
  Share Topic