FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedBucket Collection at FAI Cup Final

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bucket Collection at FAI Cup Final
    Posted: 20 Nov 2008 at 10:49am
As some of you may know my (soccerc) 40 year old wife, a mother of two, suffered a brain haemorrhage back in 2004 resulting in brain damage leaving her without speech and with right sided paralysis. Her continued recovery and progress has been helped massively by Headway, a charity and service provider for people and families of people with an acquired brain injury.

This Sunday, Headway have been afforded permission by the FAI to hold a bucket collection at the FAI Ford Cup final at the RDS, between Derry City and Bohemians. The match programme will also contain a small article on Headway. soccerc has asked thatanyone attending be generous and donate some loose change into the buckets that will be situated at the entrances to the RDS.

Pat Fenlon, manager Bohemian FC is supporting today's collection by Headway and said: "Acquired Brain Injury could strike anyone of us, at any time. Headway is very deserving of your help today as they provide excellent services and information to clients and families of those affected".

About Headway

Do you know anyone who has had a road traffic accident, concussion, a stroke or brain haemorrhage? Have their lives changed because they find it difficult to remember or plan, altered their behaviour and the way they were, or their ability to maintain family roles? Headway works with people affected by acquired brain injury to help them live as independently as possible in their community.

Headway offers a range of community-based support in Dublin, Cork, Limerick, Tralee and Kilkenny. Headway also operates a confidential information and support line on 1890 200 278 and e-mail service helpline@headway.ie. Headway also offer a number of publications and factsheets, and operate a website on www.headway.ie. 
Sponsored Links

gouldinho View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2008 at 11:07am
Thanks for informing us about this Soccerc, Fenlon is right it could strike anyone at anytime so its a very worthy cause, i shant be at the match on sunday (still cant face live football Cry) so i wont be able make a contribution but i wish you all very well.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic