You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wedding Bands

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2024 at 8:03am
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Getting married in 2026 and have been booking as much as possible early to lock in prices etc give us an idea of what need to have put away etc

We sorting band at the minute and couldn't believe sone of the prices we were getting back some upwards of 4500+ from what we hearing price has risen dramatically post covid on everything wedding related 

Just looking at my spreadsheet our band cost 2300. I think it was in the mid range. That was 2018 so nearly double in 6 years. 

Altogether excluding the honeymoon mine was 26k. That included a quite expensive venue on a Friday night (ballymagarvey) 

Band we settled on are €3250 for band and dj which we didn't mind paying. Have went for the manor house hotel outside Enniskillen which would be 1 of the more fancy places around here and looking like it's going to set us back close to 40k  not including honeymoon( the euro to sterling rate is crippling me atm be great for the arse to fall out of the sterling next 2 years)

Going to a wedding there in April. Never been but heard good things. We had ours a couple of years ago. Band was 2500, we did DJ ourselves. The band DJs are usually sh*te so better to make a playlist that would suit ye. Gave us the luxury of not stopping the music til after 4 am too.wedding was just over 30k all in I think which included the second day also. That was post covid and you did really see the prices had gone up as we were looking pre covid too 
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2024 at 8:41am
30- 40k on a f**kin wedding??
Reception in a nice pub, 50 guests and a registry ffs.
Spend your hard earned on real life
No Pasaran!
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2024 at 8:52am
Was 3k for Band and DJ for us in 2022.

Can only imagine how much the same day would cost now.
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2024 at 8:57am
How much are Who’s Eddie charging these days 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

cliffrichard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cliffrichard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2024 at 8:57am
We got these lads for €1800 in 2018 (band + DJ). not sure what they are charging now. 

TheVows.ie
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2024 at 9:25am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

How much are Who’s Eddie charging these days 
They still going ? Used to see them in The Drake in Finglas, they were there on Wednesday nights, full house and doors closed by 9 bells. Never see those times again.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2024 at 9:57am
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

Our day was brilliant so no real regrets. But I would definitely think twice about pushing for a friday/Saturday night to suit everyone. 
Friday/Saturday they make you go for 130 minimum people which means you have to start extending invite beyond close family and friends (for me anyway).

I could have done a Wednesday and rented my venue for 2 days for 70 people instead for 2 days. Your close friends and family would still work it out and take the days off for a midweek weeeing. 
Michelle said within the next 10 years. Mary Lou said by 2030. 
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2024 at 10:09am
£1600 for our band, though they don’t have a social media presence and haven’t uploaded any videos to YouTube for over 8 years! f**k knows what they’ll turn out like.

£20k was our budget and we’ve managed to stick to that! Should make at least half of it back.

Edited by BrendanD88 - 09 Feb 2024 at 10:11am
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2024 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

Paid over a couple of years after not spending anything during covid. Make a chunk of it back with gifts so absolutely no regrets...Was a fantastic weekend, hopefully once in a lifetimeLOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
  Share Topic