You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Snooker Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 434445
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2024 at 10:24am
Ronnie is undoubtedly the greatest ever but he’s a pain in the hole the last few years, endless whinging throughout tournaments but once on the table he’s amazing. 
Thought Carter was excellent all week, probably played the best snooker over the course of the tournament 
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2024 at 10:54am
The Amazon doc on Ronnie is excellent. It's incredible that somebody who has won it all and from the outside seems so relaxed and almost doesn't care enough about the sport can be so crippled with anxiety going in to the final session of a final, especially when he was so far ahead at the time
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2024 at 11:35am
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

The Amazon doc on Ronnie is excellent. It's incredible that somebody who has won it all and from the outside seems so relaxed and almost doesn't care enough about the sport can be so crippled with anxiety going in to the final session of a final, especially when he was so far ahead at the time

Is that ''On the Edge of Everyfink?''
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2024 at 12:07pm

Incredible. He essentially had a massive panic attack two frames before becoming world champion.
I've not read his new book but the one released a few years back "running" is a fantastic insight to his mental state.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2024 at 12:17pm
Hes an amazing talent on the table. Never be matched again and hes an interesting guy. I wouldn't say hes a nice guy in 'real' life. He wouldn't have much time for fans or that type of thing. You wouldn't know where you stand with him i'd say. Even in interviews, half the time hes taking the piss really. Suppose all that makes him what he is. A joy to watch.
I love beer gardens
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2024 at 2:43pm
Imagine how ecstatic Carter would have been if he'd won, whereas Ronnie just seemed to shrug it off and barely crack a smile.
Think it was the last frame where both of them were missing pots, and Carter just couldn't take his chance. 
The dark side.. And the light
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2024 at 3:44pm

Yeah, really enjoyed it. Very likeable fella.
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2024 at 10:37pm
https://x.com/robharris/status/1748100624539951459?s=46

“What sport shall we ruin next lads?”
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2024 at 12:51am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Wtaf? LOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2024 at 9:45am
Ah here.
Wonder what Ronnies reaction to that will be.
The dark side.. And the light
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2024 at 11:42am
Apparently the golden ball is only available after a 147 has been done. Still ridiculous though.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2024 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

Ah here.
Wonder what Ronnies reaction to that will be.

i can tell ya...SHOOOOWWWW ME DA MONEEEEEYYYYYYYY
I love beer gardens
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2024 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Darts with a tiny golden segment inside the bullseye worth 100 points
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 434445
  Share Topic