You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSham State of Affairs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sham State of Affairs
    Posted: 12 Nov 2008 at 6:43am
Former Comedian turned Journo Brendan O'Connor is spot on here with an excellent article in the Sunday Independent
http://www.independent.ie/opinion/analysis/time-to-bite-the-bullet-on-public-sector-reform-1529950.html
Sick of carrying the brunt for these goonsAngry
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2008 at 6:58am
dotn know if i agree with him about letting them go but he is right about one thing , raising taxes is a load of ballix
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Justice Shark View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2008 at 7:30am

Even when State agencies are shut down, the people working in those agencies do not lose their jobs. Can you imagine that? Your company goes bust but you don't lose your job? Only in the public sector.

While we all live in fear of our jobs and while the public finances are in the worst state they've been in for decades, people in the public sector are getting pay rises. Two months ago the Government handed over a 2.5 per cent pay rise to all public sector workers. Around the same time they agreed a further 6pc pay rise to be given to public sector workers over the next year and a half. Can you believe that? How are your prospects of a pay rise right now? On top of their 5 per cent in the last year, nearly every worker in the public sector received other performance-related pay increases that were only supposed to be paid to high performers. Apparently everyone's an above average performer in the civil service.
Above is reason enough to f**k them out
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2008 at 9:43am
savage article...im not joking you this has wound me up a good bit, one of the lads i live with works for the civil service in the taoiseachs office..and im not joking you they get away with murder

Has flexi time can come in any time between 8 and 10 and asl ong as he does 7 hours. Got 42 days fully paid annual leave last year...
every 7 hours a week he does overtime he is entitled to a day off( so stays behind and hour and a half every day and pisses about on internet.
Job description- books flights for taoiseachs department( i kid you not)...
how many does he have to book? about 12-15 flights a week,,,,,,,,

My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2008 at 12:12pm
Reminds me of the time when I worked in a box factory. One of the sales reps was out to sell to some some Civil Service outfit.

Box Boy sales rep: So these box storage facilties will savew you time and money etc etc
Freewheeler/Civil Servant: "You know we have a saying around these parts, don't look out the window in the morning as there will be nothing to do in the afternoon"

And thats how the meeting concludedLOLLOL..f**king hilarious
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2008 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Reminds me of the time when I worked in a box factory. One of the sales reps was out to sell to some some Civil Service outfit.

I'd say you have some cracking stories from your time there Bob!
Confused
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2008 at 12:49pm
ehh what's your point you worked there as well..loser
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2008 at 4:39pm

ConfusedConfused
Confused
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2008 at 4:57pm
I'm not getting dragged into this.  I agree there is shocking waste of resources in some Departments, but it is unfair to lump all Civil Servants into the same convenient compartment of being lazy, overworked and useless.  The reality lads, especially with the Live Register going through the roof, is very very different indeed.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2008 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by The Count The Count wrote:

ConfusedConfused
Confused

Come on now Count we've all had stint with the Empire. Or does that not compute box face boy
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2008 at 5:53pm
Judging by the amount of posts during work hours every day of every week some folk taking the pish with their jobs tooThumbs%20Up
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2008 at 5:28am

Judging by the amount of posts during work hours every day of every week some folk taking the pish with their jobs tooThumbs%20Up
Eh that's called Multi Tasking Hoskins. When there is work to be done its gets done.problem is there ain't enough of it to be done these days.
Point of thread is that Unnessesary Civil Service jobs are safe no matter what happens while private sector jobs aren't. Govt always look after their own. Bring back Ray McSharry and cull the bastards.

P.S. Count is right- your Empire story is brutalConfused

RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2008 at 5:40am

agreed its lucky there are trojans liek me to take up the strain for those wasters.
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2008 at 9:54am
Originally posted by Justice Shark Justice Shark wrote:

[QUOTE

The story highlights what gets you so upset, the state paying for people to do nothing. The box storage offer would have saved them time and money..but there was so little work for the them to do they couldn't give a f**k and to actually tell someone from (YOUR favourite friend) the private sector 'we sit around on are holes all day' shows that they didn't even care enough to hide this fact.. so why don't you write a letter to your local councillor?

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2008 at 10:09am

Originally posted by Justice Shark Justice Shark wrote:

[QUOTE

The story highlights what gets you so upset, the state paying for people to do nothing. The box storage offer would have saved them time and money..but there was so little work for the them to do they couldn't give a f**k and to actually tell someone from (YOUR favourite friend) the private sector 'we sit around on are holes all day' shows that they didn't even care enough to hide this fact.. so why don't you write a letter to your local councillor?

Confused
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic