You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

'3' peeling off your jersey?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biffo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2013 at 3:05pm
My YBIG jersey still going strong, washed 4-5 times at 40degrees. Cost less than half the price too. YBIG jerseys all the way.
Sponsored Links

Biffo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biffo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2013 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by Del-Piero Del-Piero wrote:

Originally posted by theheff1989 theheff1989 wrote:

Anyone remember the games on TV3 years back, I now the away games of Euro 2000 qualifiers were on TV3 maybe I wrong but they were cat. Was there any other games on tv3 bar the Euro 2000 ones.

croatia away, macedonia away were the two euro ones I remember.

they got the rights to show highlights of ireland home games in that infamous sky deal of 2002. Remember an ad for Switzerland highlights (Micks last game) being shown the night it was played.

And as much as I try to wipe from my memory, Cyprus away 06, San Marino 07

ALL
matches which Ireland lost and caused catastrophic damage (missed out on euro 2000 qualification, cost mick his job, made heroes of part-timers and villains in Stan!)

tv3 was launched in 1998, so I seriously doubt they had the rights to any games for a long time after this????
SpanishBhoysInGreen View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpanishBhoysInGreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2013 at 3:22pm
Eircom sponsor was ok, but '3' is a sticker -.-

I preffer the shirt without sponsor ;)
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2013 at 4:59pm

Edited by FrankosHereNow - 22 Jan 2013 at 5:01pm
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2013 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Originally posted by Biffo Biffo wrote:

Anyone remember the games on TV3 years back, I now the away games of Euro 2000 qualifiers were on TV3 maybe I wrong but they were cat. Was there any other games on tv3 bar the Euro 2000 ones.

they got the rights to show highlights of ireland home games in that infamous sky deal of 2002. Remember an ad for Switzerland highlights (Micks last game) being shown the night it was played.

ALL
matches which Ireland lost and caused catastrophic damage (missed out on euro 2000 qualification, cost mick his job, made heroes of part-timers and villains in Stan!)

tv3 was launched in 1998, so I seriously doubt they had the rights to any games for a long time after this????

They definetly showed the away qualifiers for Euro 2000. I remember Malta, Croatia and Macedonia games all being on TV3. I can't remember anything about Yugoslavia away apart from we were beaten 1-0 but that must have been on TV3 also.

Edited by FrankosHereNow - 22 Jan 2013 at 5:01pm
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2013 at 5:06pm
definitely had the malta game,remember going behind in it
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
Biffo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biffo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2013 at 5:09pm
Ok Franko.

Must have been a bit of a coup for TV3 getting those games
Trap for Pope View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap for Pope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2013 at 5:33pm
Vividly remember Malta away as our tv3 Ariel was sh*t so I'd be off on the bike to the neighbors to see it!
Living for Away days
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2013 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

definitely had the malta game,remember going behind in it

Nah, went 2 up before getting pegged back to 2 all until Stan got the winner from a free in the Euro 2000 qualifiers.....?
Catman View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2013 at 12:05pm

ALL

They definetly showed the away qualifiers for Euro 2000. I remember Malta, Croatia and Macedonia games all being on TV3. I can't remember anything about Yugoslavia away apart from we were beaten 1-0 but that must have been on TV3 also.

Conor McNamara "Cunny Kenningham"

The sequence now is, should he miss this, and Ireland's next penalty is scored, then the match and the progress are Ireland's....Timofte against Bonner..
BoboDub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BoboDub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2013 at 6:03pm

ALL
matches which Ireland lost

we didn't lose to san Marino. maybe it was a moral / morale defeat?
Weser777 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Weser777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2013 at 12:27am

ALL

they defo showed the Yugoslavia gaame too..I remember it - was disgusted that it was our first efeat of the campaign..TV3 played 'Losing My Favourite Game' at the end credits by The Cardigans - hated the song ever since!!!
"I'm not the best manager in the world, but I'm definitely in the top one!" - Brian Clough
El_nino View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Santa Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El_nino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2013 at 12:46am
They defo had some of the euro 2000 games remember watching Macedonia away on TV3.

They also had some of the WC2002 qualifiers too pretty sure Cyprus away and I think Portugal away were both shown on TV3
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic