You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

John Bishop

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: John Bishop
    Posted: 08 Nov 2012 at 7:25am
In the Point. Anyone go last night or going over the next few days?
He wouldn't be my favourite comedian, but he was quality last night, really enjoyed it.
4 nights he's playing, not too many people would fill the O2 that long.
finnanselbow View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote finnanselbow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2012 at 8:19am
no, but he was really good on A League of their own but seemed to take a bit of a back seat since Jack Whitehall started on it
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2012 at 8:49am
Heading along on Saturday - I think he's very funny. Real "normal" humour to him. Looking forward to it.

And yeah, 4 nights in the 02 as well as a few in Vicar Street recently.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2012 at 9:03am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Heading along on Saturday - I think he's very funny. Real "normal" humour to him. Looking forward to it.

And yeah, 4 nights in the 02 as well as a few in Vicar Street recently.

You'll enjoy it, originally it was just last night, then he kept adding dates.
Some great stories about filming A league of their own and his charity triathlon
Shebber View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shebber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2012 at 9:08am
I was there last night, wasn't overly impressed I have to say. Some funny bits, but overall I was a bit disappointed as I enjoyed him more every time I've seen him do stand-up on tv.

I won't give anything away in case people are going over the next few nights, but I think sometimes comedians lose a certain something when they become succuessful, they become millionaires, then lose the ability to relate to the common man. In a way, success causes them to lose what made them successful in the first place.

The same thing has happened Peter Kay, its not believable when he's complaining about the cost of groceries, when you know he has millions in the bank!
If you have 200 million priests, and 5% of them are paedophiles, that's still only 10 million paedophiles!
ericdogg View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericdogg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2012 at 9:15am

Was there last night and really enjoyed it Clap

International Caps - 7

International Goals - 1
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2012 at 9:29am
Dont find this guy funny, talks very slowly with very obvious jokes that you know are coming i find.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2012 at 9:32am
Originally posted by Shebber Shebber wrote:

I was there last night, wasn't overly impressed I have to say. Some funny bits, but overall I was a bit disappointed as I enjoyed him more every time I've seen him do stand-up on tv.

I won't give anything away in case people are going over the next few nights, but I think sometimes comedians lose a certain something when they become succuessful, they become millionaires, then lose the ability to relate to the common man. In a way, success causes them to lose what made them successful in the first place.

The same thing has happened Peter Kay, its not believable when he's complaining about the cost of groceries, when you know he has millions in the bank!

Really yeah? Maybe the first half was a little slow to get going and thats being extremely critical, but after the interval was v good IMO
greengiant View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greengiant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2012 at 9:48am

John Bishop Clap,he would be some craic on the lash!

The first two-syllable word I ever learned growing up was discretion." Dunphy on a his childhood
ShayGivensBum View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

The lighter coloured grass is painted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShayGivensBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2012 at 9:54am
Heard he was brilliant last night. Ive slowly but surely began to come around to watching comedians now. Before I hated them and didnt think the majority were funny but now I like some, John Bishop being one of them. 
Shebber View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shebber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2012 at 10:24am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by Shebber Shebber wrote:

Really yeah? Maybe the first half was a little slow to get going and thats being extremely critical, but after the interval was v good IMO
I thought the end of the first interval was very good, and the second half was just alright! I'm clearly in the minority who thought that though! Mrs shebber was of the same mind as me though too. Without giving anything away, I thought there was too much talking about his charity work and tv mates. But he's a good bloke, and i'm glad I went. 
If you have 200 million priests, and 5% of them are paedophiles, that's still only 10 million paedophiles!
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2012 at 10:26am
The cheer when he mentioned Liverpool was ridiculous, some lads waving scarves n all!
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2012 at 10:27am

The cheer when he mentioned Liverpool was ridiculous, some lads waving scarves n all!

Well they haven't much else to cheer on champions league nights these days
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2012 at 10:30am

PM me for all forum moderation queries.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2012 at 10:36am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Certainly was
Shebber View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shebber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2012 at 11:02am

It was brilliant when the crowd booed united/city/liverpool and he said 'grow up, you're not even on the same f*cking Island'!

He hit the nail on the head!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic