You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Birdseye Waffles

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soccerc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2012 at 4:29pm
Having read this thread I decided to get some of aforesaid waffles and 'cook' them in toaster, under the grill and shallow fried comparison purposes

Verdict: Fooking Rank excuse for food no matter 'cooking' method though can see how they appeal if you're a broke student or pished drunk and have the munchies.

Hoosay View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoosay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2012 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by Clonbhoy Clonbhoy wrote:

Originally posted by GockaRocka GockaRocka wrote:

Originally posted by Clonbhoy Clonbhoy wrote:

Shared a house with a girl who used to put them in the toaster. I'm sure she must be dead of food poisoning or stupidity by now.
What kind of stupidity is this, putting them under a grill or a toaster is the same process just a different outlet. Also you cant get food poisoning from frozen potato.

We're good at a lot of things, but when it comes to food the Irish public have not a clue what they are at.
to be honest I wouldn't consider anybody who eats these things a gastronomic guru.They are hardly foie gras. Anyway I can't imagine any under cooked frozen food will do you any good. And they are mad from spud granules, along with other e numbers,oils, salts and stabilisers, hardly just frozen spud.

You are correct though, Irish people have a history of fussiness and eating solely plain bland food and overcooked meat, possibly our greatest weakness. It has been passed on from generation to generation.
Those are the best bits
ShayGivensBum View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

The lighter coloured grass is painted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShayGivensBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2012 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by heighway2heaven heighway2heaven wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by Huggybeer Huggybeer wrote:

Only problem with using the toaster is some lesser waffles(tesco) tend to buckle and bend due to standing up in the toaster. This can get messy trying to get the beggers out in one piece.

Birds eye and lidl dont have this problem

Probably due to a lack of Hydroxypropylmethylcellulose 

Geek

Never made a waffle under the grill as long as I've lived. just had two from the toaster. Brown and crispy. Three preeses down Thumbs Up

Bit of YR sauce. Quality.

Will you marry me ??

ShayGivensBum View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

The lighter coloured grass is painted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShayGivensBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2012 at 5:33pm
I cant believe people are going into such detail about waffles Confused LOL
tribalarmy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2012 at 5:35pm
Dunnes waffles are absolute muck. Feels like you're eating sawdust.
Rostrevor Fan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rostrevor Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2012 at 7:31pm
Attention mods is it possible to merge threads this one with the polish womens thread cause I dont know which one contains the most useless waffle content
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2012 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by tribalarmy tribalarmy wrote:

Dunnes waffles are absolute muck. Feels like you're eating sawdust.
sawdust mmmmmmmmmmmApprove
Ludwig von Drake View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ludwig von Drake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2012 at 8:07pm
Just had my first waffle sambo Heart Just when I thought I couldn't love you any more Birdseye Waffles.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2012 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by soccerc soccerc wrote:

Having read this thread I decided to get some of aforesaid waffles and 'cook' them in toaster, under the grill and shallow fried comparison purposes

Verdict: Fooking Rank excuse for food no matter 'cooking' method though can see how they appeal if you're a broke student or pished drunk and have the munchies.

You leave your Gastro Snobbery out of this

Jaysus 5 pages
Won't be long till we hit 2 million posts
MJD View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2012 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by ShayGivensBum ShayGivensBum wrote:

I cant believe people are going into such detail about waffles Confused LOL

Aren't you the one asking people to marry you based on their preferences LOL
17 International Caps
16 International Goals
COYFIG
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic