You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

craft beer, real ales and the like

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 626364
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dundon13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2021 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by dundon13 dundon13 wrote:

Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Picked up a peanut butter and jelly porter in the supermarket earlier. It's from Northern Monk, who do some lovely beers, but I am a little bit apprehensive of it.
🤢
It's very well done. You get peanut at the start and jam at the end, but it's unquestionably a very good porter. Looks great, with great texture and is very easy to drink. I should have got more of them!

Northern monk do a great range of experimental type beers, haven't had this one so good to know it tastes good. If you want similar type stouts you must check out the Amundsen range of Dessert in a Can, everyone ive had has been excellent. 
Think we discussed them before and I never got around to them. I believe they are very good though. I have had a few of that style recently, that Corfu one being the pick of them, if you can get it, or, if not, I would send it on. It's tremendous!

Missed this, what is this Corfu one?
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2021 at 1:34pm

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Just ordered a mini keg of Brehon Ulster Black from beerclub.ie for collection in Tyrellstown on Monday. Thank god I’m off until Wednesday.

Did u make your way through the keg of Killanny Red yet?
Keg hasn’t arrived yet. It was the cans I was supping last night that I stumbled across in the local off licence. Cracking stuff, looking forward  to the kegClap
dundon13 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dundon13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2021 at 3:38pm

Just ordered a mini keg of Brehon Ulster Black from beerclub.ie for collection in Tyrellstown on Monday. Thank god I’m off until Wednesday.

Keg hasn’t arrived yet. It was the cans I was supping last night that I stumbled across in the local off licence. Cracking stuff, looking forward  to the kegClap

Ulster Black is quite good aswell
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2021 at 4:17pm

Ulster Black is quite good aswell
looking forward to both kegs getting here anyway
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 10:49am

Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Picked up a peanut butter and jelly porter in the supermarket earlier. It's from Northern Monk, who do some lovely beers, but I am a little bit apprehensive of it.
🤢
It's very well done. You get peanut at the start and jam at the end, but it's unquestionably a very good porter. Looks great, with great texture and is very easy to drink. I should have got more of them!

Northern monk do a great range of experimental type beers, haven't had this one so good to know it tastes good. If you want similar type stouts you must check out the Amundsen range of Dessert in a Can, everyone ive had has been excellent. 
Think we discussed them before and I never got around to them. I believe they are very good though. I have had a few of that style recently, that Corfu one being the pick of them, if you can get it, or, if not, I would send it on. It's tremendous!

Missed this, what is this Corfu one?
dundon13 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dundon13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 12:18pm
Looks right up my street PM Thumbs Up
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 5:44pm
Ulster Black keg has arrived, another 5 litres to be drank starting nowBig smile 
dundon13 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dundon13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 5:49pm

Ulster Black keg has arrived, another 5 litres to be drank starting nowBig smile 

Not too bad for a Monday night Clap
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 10:52pm
Decent enough stuff.Wacko
dundon13 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dundon13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2021 at 4:46pm
Anyone else try the new Shamrock Shake Pale Ale from White Hag, it pours green and tastes amazing 👏
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2021 at 5:35pm
12 Heinomites for 15e in SuperValu Clap
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2021 at 7:27pm

Anyone else try the new Shamrock Shake Pale Ale from White Hag, it pours green and tastes amazing 👏

Bought it last week and been afraid to touch it since! Will tick on at some stage 
dundon13 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dundon13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2021 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Bought it last week and been afraid to touch it since! Will tick on at some stage 

It's basically a beer version of the Macdonalds shamrock shake and they nailed it. The Shamrock shake was the only reason I went to maccy ds aswell. Its very gimmicky but its a bit a fun too, enjoy man!
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2021 at 8:11am
Lidl now stocking the white hag Big smile
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2021 at 12:40pm

Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

It's basically a beer version of the Macdonalds shamrock shake and they nailed it. The Shamrock shake was the only reason I went to maccy ds aswell. Its very gimmicky but its a bit a fun too, enjoy man!

Agreed, it's nice, was hesitant about it myself but gave it a go and was surprised. Not one you could have a few of during a night but one off works well 

Edited by lassassinblanc - 15 May 2021 at 4:08pm
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2021 at 2:42pm
Pint bottles of Banks's Amber Ale going for 66p in a Tesco Express in Belfast recently. It's usually 89p. I honestly do not know how or why it is sold at those sort of prices or what profit there is in it. It's a really good English bitter from a well regarded Wolverhampton brewery, strength 3.8%, the fact it's so cheap seems to convince people unfamiliar with it that it must be crap. Well, it isn't, it's a fine beer and they're practically giving it away.
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2021 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

Lidl now stocking the white hag Big smile

It's lovely stuff
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 626364
  Share Topic