You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Xtra vision Direct

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Jack shat in case you're wondering

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackshat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2012 at 11:11am
You f**king legend Sham. I didn't think such an App would exist! 

It's Jack Shat
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2012 at 11:17am
Originally posted by jackshat jackshat wrote:

You f**king legend Sham. I didn't think such an App would exist! 

Iits very simple to use but if you need any help pm me
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2013 at 2:14pm
Has gone into receivership.
Just saying like View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The truth is out there

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Just saying like Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2013 at 2:24pm
Over 1,000 jobs at serious risk.  Thumbs Down
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2013 at 2:34pm
Whilst having sympathy for all workers, it was inevitable. There's no sustainable market for them any more
Max Power View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2013 at 2:40pm
The one in Malahide closed down there last month and with the likes of Netflix and movie torrents online it was inevitable really.

Since they got the cinema style popcorn in over the last few months I'd actually started going down and renting from them again with the deals they had on. Pity the likes of themselves and HMV never got into the online entertainment on time or they could have lasted a lot longer...
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch
kimbap View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimbap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2013 at 2:49pm
Sad for sure but surely they would have know this was coming for some years.

I don't know how long it will continue in its current format but ive havent looked back since starting using torrent about 3 years ago.Anything you want on your telly in no time for free,no ads etc.I don't even watch "normal"telly anymore.If theres anything i want to see I'll download it and watch it whenever.

I can honestly say the last time i went to extra vision or the like to rent a movie would have been about ten years ago.
Metal Paul View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
The Dude

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metal Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2013 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by kimbap kimbap wrote:

I don't know how long it will continue in its current format but ive havent looked back since starting using torrent about 3 years ago.Anything you want on your telly in no time for free,no ads etc.I don't even watch "normal"telly anymore.If theres anything i want to see I'll download it and watch it whenever.

I can honestly say the last time i went to extra vision or the like to rent a movie would have been about ten years ago.
+1 You can also buy second hand DVDs for €2 each in Game Stop and their games are cheaper. If Xtra Vision dropped their prices they might not be in the situation they are now. I haven't been in the local one since I popped in when they had their farcical New Year "sale". 
"There are no chicks with dicks Johnny, just guys with tits."
Peake View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2013 at 5:32pm
The one at Sutton Cross closed down awhile back.
kimbap View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimbap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2013 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by Metal Paul Metal Paul wrote:

+1 You can also buy second hand DVDs for €2 each in Game Stop and their games are cheaper. If Xtra Vision dropped their prices they might not be in the situation they are now. I haven't been in the local one since I popped in when they had their farcical New Year "sale". 

About 5 or 6 years ago i used to buy illegal dvd's of movies
series etc in Asia for half nothing and play them on the laptop.Even that seems like a pain in the arse now as you had to carry them around,keep them sorted etc.Torrents all the way for me now,hope they dont clamp down on this as it seems to good to last.
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2013 at 6:15pm
theyve all been closing round my way for years
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2013 at 6:37pm
Actually running very low on places to physically shop for dvds and such. Brutal.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2013 at 6:47pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Actually running very low on places to physically shop for dvds and such. Brutal.

Amazon rules the roost and Internet downloads has killed them off
Black Knee Stevie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Knee Stevie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2013 at 8:13pm

series etc in Asia for half nothing and play them on the laptop.Even that seems like a pain in the arse now as you had to carry them around,keep them sorted etc.Torrents all the way for me now,hope they dont clamp down on this as it seems to good to last.

They are, loads of sites blocked here
It is not just a simple game, it is a weapon of the revolution
foggy.nelson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foggy.nelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2013 at 9:12pm
I watch a lot on cokeandpopcorn.eu, very good if u wanna watch stuff on ur iphone
kimbap View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimbap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2013 at 12:58am
Originally posted by Black Knee Stevie Black Knee Stevie wrote:

They are, loads of sites blocked here

In ROI there are 1000's of torrent download sites.I only use 2.
The only time i heard of major trouble was with pirate bay about 5 years ago (before i even knew what a torrent was)
Pirate bay was up and running again and has been for the last few years as far as i know.
Don't know of any blocked site here but have been in countries where they were blocked,just used a programme to change my IP address and no probs.

I can't see this continuing forever though,as more and more people realise that you can have everything for free in perfect quality I think it will be clamped down on.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic